• Random Acts of Artists Gallery and Art Emporium hosts a show of the works of eight local artists. Original paintings, drawings, prints, cards, sculpture, woodwork and jewelry are on display by Jackie Bader, Diane Beatty, Mindy Young, Ken Cole, Gil Thurman, Cliff Dawson, Jeff Vargo and Michele Kienast. The gallery is inside Cravings Cafe, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
• Humble Ministries performs 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cana’s Corner, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Sharon
• The New York Tenors perform at 7 p.m. today at Packard Music Hall, Warren, Ohio.
Info: WarrenCivicMusic.com, 330-399-4885, or box office at 330-841-2931.
• Rend Collective will perform at 7 p.m. Friday at Grove City College. The Northern Irish folk-rock worship band and missional collective will bring its unique sound to the college’s arena.
Tickets are available online at: premiereproductions.com
• Westminster College Celebrity Series kicks off its 2019-2020 season with An Evening with John Lloyd Young at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 21 in Orr Auditorium. Young, a film, stage and concert artist, will take the stage with his repertoire of classic pop and rhythm and blues. He was the original “Frankie Valli” in Broadway’s Tony Award-winning Best Musical “Jersey Boys.
Tickets are available by calling 724-946-7354 or by visiting www.westminster.edu/celebrity
• Oldies & Funk dance night with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Wednesday and every other Wednesday at Rolling Mills Bar and Grill, Girard. Cover is $5.
• Oldies, Country and Funk Night with DJ Platter 7 to 10:30 p.m. Sept. 21 at Hartford Winery. No cover.
Table reservations, call 330-772-8040.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares have begun a new year of weekly square dance lessons.
Sessions will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson.
All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• A Hee-Haw Barn Dance will be held 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 22 at the West Middlesex VFW. Admission $5. Bring a dish to share.
• Polka jam and dance 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Sharon Slovenian Home. Button box and piano accordion music featured. Admission $3. Food and beverages available.
• Oldies, Funk and Hip Hop Night with DJ Platter 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday at The Gatherings Banquet and Event Center, formerly Town and Country Bar and Grill in Edinburg.
• DJ. Carl Severino entertains from 7 to 11 p.m. Tuesday for Ladies Night at Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: DJ Richard Hughes 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. Twin City Elks is closed on Mondays.
• The 29th Annual Lawrence County Polish Day will be Sept. 22 at Cascade Park Pavilion, 1928 E. Washington St., New Castle.
Entertainment will be provided by John Gora and Gorale (Canada) and Polish New Castle Radio. Doors and kitchen open at noon. Polish food prepared by Krakus Deli of Boardman, Ohio, with wine tasting by Novosel Wineries.
Admissions is $13, and children 16 and under free.
Info: Jean Calvert (724) 654-6337 or Gary Fray (724) 752-9988.
• Comedians Chris Barnes and Tim Wolfe appear at the Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage. Shows are 8 p.m. Sept. 27 and 7 p.m. Sept. 28.
Today: Moonlight at 9:30 p.m. at the Slovenian Home, Sharon.
Friday: Moonlight at 10 p.m. at The Jai Alai, Hermitage.
Saturday: Moonlight at 9 p.m. at The Hickory VFW, Hermitage.
Wednesday: Moonlight at 10 p.m. at Rumorz, Greenville; and open mic/karaoke with Damian Knapp, 7 p.m. at Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at 8 p.m. today at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. At 7 p.m. Tuesday friends of Steve host HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube Sharon.
• The Keg, Sharon, presents: FX Trio 7 to 10 p.m. today; Grant Street Exit 7 to 10 p.m. Sunday; and Mike Adams and Common Ground 7 to 10 p.m. Sept. 19.
• J. Hicks on the Square, Mercer, hosts: Jazz with Sweet Atmosphere 7 to 10 p.m. today; Colton Randell 8 to 11 p.m. Friday; and Jay Wiley 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
• Tim Dye plays 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Saturday at Nick’s Inn 62, Hermitage.
• Jay Bird and Haley Bee play 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. Salmon Frank plays there 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, and Roger Montgomery plays there 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage, presents Total Package at 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Nutron Falls 8:30 p.m. Sept. 21.
• The FX Trio plays Saturday at Nova Cellars Winery, Pulaski, and 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Buhl Park Hermitage.
• Meadville Community Theatre presents “The Fantasticks,” a romantic musical, Friday through Sept. 22 in the Odd Fellows Building, 400 N. Main St. on the campus of Allegheny College.
Showtimes are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.
To make a reservation, call the box office at 814-333-1773 or visit mctbackstage.com.
• Black Sheep Players presents “Of Mice and Men” on Sept. 26, 27, 28 and 29 on the stage at First Presbyterian Church, 600 E. State St. Sharon. Curtain is at 7:30 p.m. for all shows and 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 29.
Tickets are sold at the door or call 724-418-4180 to reserve them. Doors open one half hour before the play. Play contains some strong language.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com