Lakeview High School
Sandy Lake Township — Lakeview High School in Sandy Lake Township will present Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” at 7:30 p.m. April 28 and 29 in the school’s auditorium.
The original production of “Cinderella” was presented May 31, 1957, by CBS Television with Julie Andrews as the title character. Richard Rodgers wrote the music; and Oscar Hammerstein II, lyrics.
Bill Kennedy is director of the Lakeview play; Mike Edney, production coordinator; Kristen Dennis, vocal director and pianist; Doug May, instrumental director; Erin Harold, choreographer; Sean Argyle, stage manager; and Tom Timlin, set construction.
Tickets, sold in advance and at the door, will be $6 for adults, $5 for students and free for those 3 and younger.
Mercer County schools
MERCER COUNTY — Firefighter and paramedic teams will present “Street Smart” in local schools.
These program are set for Tuesday4/25:
• 8:45 to 9:30 a.m. in Lakeview High School, Sandy Lake Township.
• 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. in Sharpsville High School
These program are set for Wednesday4/26:
• 8:12 to 10 a.m. in Grove City High School.
• 12:30 to 1:45 and 2 to 3:15 p.m. in George Junior Republic, Pine Township.
Members of the Stay Alive from Education group in Miami-Dade County in Fla. give the interactive program to help prevent teen drinking, drunk driving and illegal drug use while encouraging seat belt use. La Ruse Distributing Co. Inc. are sponsors.
Lakeview High School
- Movie gets OK to film in Grove City
- Sharpsville police arrest suspect in connection with school threat
- DFA purchases some Dean Dairy plants
- Parents upset about bathroom decision
- Outlook 2020: At Reynolds High, wrestling excellence is simply the norm
- Jamestown community mourning loss of basketball star Darian Keyser
- 2 injured in auto accident on Route 82
- PHN still mum: Officials decline comment on whether investigation is interfering with care
- Outlook 2020: Harrison wears many hats; 'father' is his most important
- Outlook 2020: Answering the call: John Flynn grew up to become Hermitage's fire chief
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
William "Bill" H. Griffith, 66, of Sharon, passed away Wednesday (Feb. 19, 2020) in Sharon Regional Medical Center. Obituary information is incomplete. Arrangements by J. BRADLEY MCGONIGLE FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY, INC., 1090 E. State St., Sharon.
Billy, 80, of Farrell. Calling hours: 10 to 11 a.m. Monday (2-24-20) at Second Baptist Church, Farrell. Home going celebration: 11 a.m. Monday in the church. Interment: Oakwood Cemetery, Hermitage. Arrangements by J.E. WASHINGTON FUNERAL SERVICES INC., 1059 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
Anne A., 91, of Youngstown. Calling hours: 10 a.m. to the time of service Saturday (2-22-20) at Our Lady of Fatima Church, 601 Roemer Blvd., Farrell. Funeral Mass: 11 a.m. Saturday in the church with Rev. Matthew Strickenberger presiding. Burial: St. Ann Cemetery, Hermitage, following Mass. …
Anne A. Palik, 91, passed away at 10 a.m. Monday (Feb. 17, 2020) at her residence in Youngstown. She was born on June 10, 1928, in Farrell, to George and Anna E. Kristan Palik. Anne was a member of the former St. Ann Parish in Farrell and currently St. Cyril and Methodius Parish in Youngstow…