THINGS TO DO
• Hickory High School Class of 1960 will meet for lunch at noon Saturday (4-23-22) at Muscarella’s Cafe Italia, 500 Main St., Sharpsville.
• Hickory High School Class of 1958 will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday (4-26-22) at DiLorenzo’s, Sharpsville. Spouses and others welcome. Info: Contact Donna at 724.342.0035 or Granmad@roadrunner.com.
• Hubbard American Legion Post 51 will meet at 7 p.m. April Thursday (4-21-22) in the social hall of First Presbyterian Church, 22 Westview Ave., Hubbard, Ohio. Parking to access the hall is at the lower level of the church parking lot.
Special guests are 9th District Commander Bill Ditterbrand and Vice Commander Joyce Hannum. Refreshments will be served, and all members are encouraged to attend.
• Operation Lighthouse is sponsoring a memory walk against addiction on April 30.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. at Valley Baptist Church, 500 Sharon New Castle Road, Farrell. The walk begins at 9 a.m.
• To prepare for the 2022 season, a WaterFire Sharon work day is scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon April 30. Volunteers are needed and should meet at the WaterFire warehouse at Franklin and Railroad streets in Sharon.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 100 Penn Ave., Mercer, will host a huge rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (4-23-22).
There will be many antiques, household items, outdoor items, furniture, collectibles, and clothing available.
Admission is free. Proceeds benefit church and education building maintenance projects.
• All Paws Matter will sponsor a pasta dinner and basket auction from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday (4-23-22) at the Shriners Hall, 4201 Lamor Road, Hermitage.
There will be merchandise for sale, including new T-shirts, more than 200 items on auction, a lottery board with $270 in tickets, a patio set including gas grill and accessories, and more.
Dinners are $10 for adults, $5 for children, and are take-out only. Tickets are available at the door.
Info: Kim at 724-456-3515
• A good used clothing and miscellaneous sale will be conducted by Hickory United Methodist Women from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 29 and from 9 to 11:30 a.m. April 30, which is $1 bag day.
The church is at 240 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage (by the mall). This semi-annual event has something for everyone.
• A stuffed pork chop or stuffed chicken breast dinner will be served from 5 to 6 p.m. April 27 at Fredonia Presbyterian Church, Water Street in Fredonia.
Meals are dine-in or take out for a donation of $11 per meal.
Information: 724-475-2189 or 724-475-3735.
• Sharon First United Methodist Church, 237 Silver St., will begin free Sunday morning breakfasts on May 1 and every Sunday thereafter.
Breakfast will be cafeteria-style and held from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. each week.
Info: Call 724-983-0200
• The Hartford-Badger Alumni Association will host its 135th annual alumni banquet at 6 p.m. May 7 at Sharpsville VFW Post 6404, 215 Walnut Street Ext., Sharpsville.
Cost is $15 per person. Registration begins at 5 p.m. To make a reservation or for more information, contact Secretary Helen Burns at 330-772-3051.
A cancer support group will meet at 11 a.m. Friday (4-22-22) in Hermitage Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage. a $2 donation is recommended to the Senior Center.
Special guest will be Ben Kutz, of Maple Tree Cancer Alliance.