THINGS TO DO
• The Mercer County Democratic Party will be holding the meeting today via Zoom at 6:30 p.m. this month. Concern of the rise in the COVID-19 delta variant caused the change to a remote meeting. To attend via Zoom, please contact MercerCountyDemParty@gmail.com for the access code. This meeting is open to all Mercer County Democrats and individuals interested in being involved in the county.
• A Trash to Treasure sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 28 outside of the Hickory United Methodist Church. The public can reserve a table for $5.
There will also be a bake sale.
Hickory UMC requests that ten percent of each tables sales be donated to the church.
Info: To reserve a table while they are still available, the public is asked to call the church office at 724-981-9450.
• The 42nd annual Lake Latonka Fall Festival will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 11.
The festival will feature more than 115 artisans, businesses and organizations in two locations at Lake Latonka. Parking and admission are free.
Info: For directions and other info, check www.lakelatonkafallfestival.com or like Lake Latonka Fall Festival on Facebook for updates.
• The Meszaros Family Charitable Foundation is seeking volunteers to assist with this year’s FUNd FEAST, which will be held on Sept. 9 at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon.
Volunteers will be working under team leaders to create a cohesive atmosphere to be enjoyed by attendees of the FUNd FEAST. Volunteers should plan to attend a brief volunteer meet and greet to receive t-shirts and go over details.
This meet and greet will be held at Quaker Steak and Lube at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 31.
Info: For questions, contact Cheryl Goldstone 724-931-0736 or Nate Tomko 724-866-9999.
• McConnells Mill Heritage Festival will be held Sept. 25 and 26 at the Killdoo picnic area and gristmill at McConnells Mill State Park.
The event will be in full swing from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sept. 25, and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m on Sept. 26.
The Heritage Festival is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Portersville-Prospect.
The community is invited to celebrate the historic time of 1852-1928, when the gristmill harnessed the power of the Slippery Rock Creek to grind wheat for bread. Tours of the mill with its original machinery will be available. Attendees may also visit a Civil War encampment, participate in art and craft demonstrations, or enjoy live music. Artists and craftspeople from the local area will demonstrate their skills and have their wares for sale.
Free admission and free parking. Current health guidelines will be followed.
Info: To be involved, contact the Rotary Club.
• NEW WILMINGTON – Westminster College, in partnership with Primary Health Network, will hold a COVID-19 vaccination clinic from 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 24, at the Wellness Center, located in Shaw Hall on the college’s campus.
PHN will administer the Moderna vaccine, which requires two doses spaced 28 days apart. Another clinic, scheduled for Sept. 21, will offer the second dose. First doses of the vaccine will also be available at the Sept. 21 clinic.
The clinic is open to the public. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 724-699-9211 or by visiting www.primary-health.net
• Corner House Christian Church in conjunction with Trumbull County Combined Health District will be hosting a COVID-19 vaccine clinic from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Corner House at Corner House Christian Church located at 6954 Chestnut Ridge Rd, Hubbard, OH 44425. This will be an open and walk-in clinic with Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines available. Anyone who receive their first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at these clinics, will be eligible to receive a $100 Gift Card.
To speed up the check-in process, it is recommended that anyone attending the clinic visit the website (www.tcchd.org) to download, print, and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Record form and bring the completed form along with a driver’s license or one form of identification to the clinic.
Please note that the Pfizer vaccine is eligibile for individuals 12 years and older. Minors must have a parent present with them to receive the vaccine. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine is only eligible for individuals 18 years and older. TCCHD will not provide the vaccine to those that are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Info: The list of vaccine providers can be located on Ohio Department of Health website (www.coronavirus.ohio.gov).