THINGS TO DO
• The annual “Don’t Have To Go Back To School” picnic for Mercer County Association of School Retirees will be at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 21 at Hempfield Park in Greenville at Pavilion 1.
Info: Call 724-588-4030.
• The Shenango Valley Gardeners will meet at 6 p.m. Aug. 14 at 214 Dougherty Ave., Sharon, for this month only.
The 2020 Tour of Treasures garden tour will be the only topic on the agenda. The garden tour committee will layout the plans for next year’s garden tour and anyone with ideas for next year’s tour is invited.
Regular Tuesday meetings will resume in September.
Info: Please RSVP by email at email@example.com if you plan on attending.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 will meet at 1 p.m. Aug. 15 at Ryder’s restaurant, New Wilmington.
All guests and classmates welcome.
• A Night at the Races, benefit for Chelsea Rowe Rescue Fund, will be held Aug. 24 at the Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars, 215 N. Walnut St., Sharpsville. Doors open and dinner will be served at 5 p.m. followed by racing at 6 p.m.
Cost is $20 and includes buffet dinner and beverage. Cash bar and B.Y.O.B also available.
There will be nine races with 10 horses per race. Bets are $2. Horses are $10 and sold in advance. There will be one auction race and horses go to highest bid. Tickets are being sold at The Beauty Bar on Main Street in Sharpsville, Waterstone Mortgage in Hermitage, or by messaging Chelsea Rowe Rescue Fund on Facebook.
Proceeds from the Chesea Rowe Rescue Fund benefit Mercer County First Responders.
Info: For more details, visit the Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Amish Vendor and Craft Show is set for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 24 in Marti Park, 985 Phillips School Road, New Wilmington. Basket raffle drawings being at 1:30 p.m.
There will be Amish-made donuts and ice cream, locally grown produce, flowers, a variety of local crafters, a 50/50 raffle, more than 90 baskets for raffle, hot dogs, chips, soft drinks, coffee and water. Basket items include Steeler tickets, television, cooler, birdhouse and more. Those who participate in the raffle need not be present to win baskets.
All proceeds benefit the Mission of Marti Park Foundation.
• St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 159 Todd Ave., (use back entrance) will be holding an End of Summer Sale with Vendors/Crafts/Misc Items from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Along with homemade crafts, there will be hot dogs and baked goods and lots of items.