Things to do
• Farrell High School class of 1959 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Perkins Restaurant in Hermitage.
Spouses and guests are welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1960 gathers for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
All classmates and spouses are welcome.
• Bottle Tree Creative Arts House is partnering with the Sharon Rotary Club’s Rotary After Dark to launch their Third Annual Pencils & Packs donation drive. Donations of backpacks, pencils and crayons will be accepted until Aug. 30. All school products collected will be donated to Musser Elementary School, Sharon.
Donations can either be collected in person at Bottle Tree Creative Arts House, 1208 Hall Ave., Sharon, or purchased via its Amazon Wish L ist.
Details: Anna Marie Mindicino at 724-301-2178 or annamarie,firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, 4453 Warren-Sharon Road, Vienna, offers its next “Second Saturday Supper” – a “Super Bowl” chicken dinner from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Dinner includes baked chicken breast with melted Swiss cheese, scalloped potatoes, vegetable, salad, bread and butter, a dessert and beverage.
Cost is $12 for adults and $6 for children younger than age 12. Takeouts available.
• Farrell Veterans of Foreign Wars 5286, 1233 Idaho St., Farrell, is having a basket auction from 1 to 3:15 p.m. Aug. 18. Drawings start at 2:45 p.m.
Basket values vary up to $400. There will be as many as 50 baskets to choose from. Tickets are six for $5; 14 for $10 or 30 for $20.
Bonus – $1 tickets also available for a chance to win a $100 Lottery ticket tree.
This a charity event to raise funds for an elderly couple and is sponsored by R. Murcko.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and noon to 3 p.m. Sunday. On Sunday, anything that you can fit into one of our bags is $3.
There will be clothing, shoes, accessories, tools, books, household items, electronics, furniture, toys and more.
Food will be available for purchase. Coffee and donuts available from 9 to 11 a.m. and burgers, hot dogs, sides and snacks from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• West Middlesex United Methodist Church, 3123 Main St., West Middlesex, holds its annual flea market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 15-16 and 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 17.
• The Dorcas Society of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, holds a rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 23 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 24.
Large variety of slightly used items at reasonable prices.
There will also be food available and a baked goods sale.
• Seeds of Faith Ministry will be a food vendor from noon to 8 p.m. today through Saturday at 1108 Fruit Ave., Farrell.
Menu includes barbecued beef brisket, fried Okra and fried green tomatoes. Fresh cut fries for $2.
To place order, call 724-931-5018. Major credit cards accepted.
• Grove City Area Historical Society and Museum hosts its annual picnic at 6 p.m. Monday in the Keystone Shelter at Grove City Memorial Park.
The public is welcome to attend. Bring a casserole to share and your own table service. Drinks will be provided.
Musical entertainment will be provided by Dan Hogan; donations will be accepted for his performance.