THINGS TO DO
• Sharon First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., will host its annual Christmas walnut kolachi sale on Dec. 17. Cost is $11 each.
Pickup is between 1:30 and 3 p.m.
Info: Call the church office at 724-983-0200 and leave a message with name, phone, and number ordered. Alternate pickups can be made if necessary.
• St. John’s Orthodox Church, Morefield Road, Hermitage, will host a Christmas Market and Cookie Sale event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 11, at the church.
The event will offer cookies, nut rolls, giftware, and holiday raffles.
All proceeds benefit local charities.
Info: Shop for items at the event or pre-order cookies at 724-699-7614 or 724-301-1173.
• Hermitage Historical Society continues its Christmas Trees Tour this weekend. Hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
The tour includes three floors with 31 trees, mantles, and stairways decorated in the Christmas theme, “Filled with Christmas.”
There is also a marketplace in the three-bay Stewart House garage, offering Christmas decor, ceramics, glass, fabrics, Amish novels, and Christmas cookbooks.
All proceeds benefit the maintenance of the 150-year-old Stewart House, home of the Hermitage Historical Society.
Drawing for the auction baskets will take place Dec. 12, at the conclusion of the season tours.
Info: Call 724-877-7996. Tours are free with donations greatly appreciated.
• West Middlesex High School Class of 1965 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday (12-4-21) at Avalon Golf and Country Club at Buhl Park, 1030 Forker Blvd., Hermitage. Spouses and friends are welcome.
• Mercer High School Class of 1956 will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Ryder Restaurant. All classmates, spouses, and friends are welcome.
Seniors for Safe Driving will offer a senior citizen driver improvement class from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday (12-7-21) at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church in Mercer.
Info: To register, call 1-800-559-4880 or 724-283-0245, or visit www.seniorsforsafedriving.com.