THINGS TO DO
• Santa will be visiting homes in the Borough of West Middlesex on Dec. 23.
To schedule a visit, call Charlotte Webster, 724-528-9447 or Kim Webster, 724-699-8322.
• Farrell High School class of 1959 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Dec.10 at Bob Evans Restaurant in Hermitage. Spouses and guests are welcome.
• Sharpsville High School class of 1961 gathers at noon Dec. 19 at Thelma’s Sports Nook, Sharpsville.
• Sharon High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at noon today at Hickory Grille, Hermitage.
• Brookfield High School class of 1969 girls meet for lunch at 1 p.m. today at Muscarella’s in Sharpsville.
Bring a few wrapped $1 or $2 gifts and let Paula or Elaine know if you will attend.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Avalon Golf & Country Club, 1030 Forker Blvd., Hermitage.
Spouses and friends welcome.
Info: Beverly Chlpka, 724-962-4806.
• Farrell High School class of 1954 meets at noon today at DiLorenzo’s, Sharpsville.
• Sharon High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 10 at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
All classmates and spouses welcome.
“Save the date card” for the 60th class reunion has been mailed. If you did not receive the card call Bob Malsom at 724-342-3188 or email him at email@example.com. Contact Bob is you have an address for Betty Ann Kohut Harris.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 meets at 1 p.m. Dec. 12 at Thelma’s Sports Nook, 285 E. High St., Sharpsville.
All classmates and guests are welcome
Info: Jean at 724-662-5072.
• Mercer County Breast Cancer Support Group holds its annual Christmas party at 6 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Womancare Center of UPMC Horizon, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage. Entrance is at the back of the building.
There will be food, fun and fellowship. Optional $5 gift exchange.
There will be a Christmas sweater/shirt contest.
No meeting will be held in January or February.
Info: Donna Darcangelo, 724-981-3429 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• West Hill Ministries holds a Christmas senior citizen luncheon at noon Tuesday at First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., Sharon.
Musical program will be presented by Sharon High Tiger Kittens and Men of Note.
There will be a free will offering.
Reservatons, call 724-347-7261.
• Mercer County Amateur Radio Club holds its Christmas party beginning at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars, 215 N. Walnut St.
Cost is $12 per person and will be a buffet style menu. Menu includes turkey and gravy, glazed ham, redskin parsley potatoes, basil garlic green beans, tossed salad, homemade dinner rolls, dessert and drink.
Signup, bring the family for a fun evening.
• The Women’s Auxiliary of St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, holds a Christmas bake sale Dec. 22. Orders are to be picked up between noon and 3 p.m.
Baked goods include: apple, cheese or cherry strudel for $10; nut roll, $12; pumpkin roll, $12; and stuffed cabbage is $3 each.
Also during the bake sale hours assorted Christmas cookies will be available. No orders will be taken for the cookies.
To order baked goods,, call Honey at 724-342-0115.
• The Subaru Share the Love food drive for Meals on Wheels will be 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Christ Lutheran Church, corner of Buhl Boulevard and Highland Drive, Sharon.
• Humane Society of Mercer County presents a big basket raffle feature over 200 baskets, 50/50, lottery frame, homemade food and pull tabs, from noon to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Reynolds Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7399 Pavilion, 113 Edgewood Drive, Greenville. Drawings at 5:30 p.m.
Admission is free. You do not have to be present to win but you must be able to pick up any winnings that evening.
To donate, contact Courtney Ivan at 724-342-3670.
The event will also feature Landon Chapin’s lemonade stand and bake sale.