THINGS TO DO
• Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County will hold a drive-thru food distribution non-contact “Truck to Trunk” from 4 to 6 p.m. July 21 or until the food runs out at 9 Donation Road, Greenville. One family per vehicle.
Participating families are asked to have their trunk cleared prior to arriving for a food box to be placed inside.
Families will not be asked to exit their vehicles.
• Jamestown’s recycling is 9 a.m. to noon Saturday and the third Saturday of each month (unless otherwise noted) at the Jamestown Lion’s Club Community Center behind the high school.
Participants may be asked to remove items from their bags. Glass is prohibited.
• Hermitage Historical Society, 5465 E. State St., Hermitage, will hold a community flea market from 8 to 5 p.m. July 17 to 19.
Flea market vendors are wanted. For vendor registration, call Frances at 724-662-3035. Cost is $10 per day or $25 for all 3 days for a 10x10 space.
House tours are also available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Social distancing is in effect. Costs are non-refundable. Tables are not included.
• The Mercer County Frontiers Club has rescheduled its Annual Awards Luncheon for noon Aug. 22 this year. The site has been changed to The Park Inn in West Middlesex. In addition to this being the 46th Annual Awards Program, participants will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the club’s service to Mercer County.
Seven scholarships will be presented to graduating high school seniors and students from the county who completed an academic program primarily in the year 2019 will be honored. Milton Blue of Farrell will be presented the annual Community Service Award.
Tickets are $35 and are available from members of the club and at the office of Dr. Theodore Yarboro Sr.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, will hold a community meal. Fish fry, chicken, hot dog, hamburger and rib dinners will begin at noon on July 17.
Sides include fries, macaroni and cheese, green beans and cole slaw.
• Farrell Croatian Home, 412 Staunton St., Farrell, will hold an all-you-can-eat lamb and chicken roast from 5 to 7 p.m. on July 25. Cost is $25.
Pre-sale orders, call 724-346-5053. The deadline for orders is July 21.
• Tri-County Country Music Association will hold its summer picnic and an evening of music Aug. 11 at The Community Park in Barkeyville, Pa. The shelter also has electricity. Set-up for the picnic will be between 3 and 3:30 p.m. and eating will be at about 4 p.m.
This event is open to the public. Attendees are asked to bring their favorite picnic food to share. Table service, cold soft drinks, and coffee will be available. The music for the evening will be provided by The Shalico Family Band, playing Country and Oldies. Musicians and singers are welcome to perform. Masks are required by state law.