THINGS TO DO
• Mercer High class of 1956 will have its 65th reunion at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 7 at Ryder’s restaurant, routes 18 and 208 near New Wilmington.
• The 146th Annual Zahniser Foundation Annual Business/Membership Meeting and Family Reunion will be on Aug. 7 at Stoneboro Volunteer Fire Company Hall in Stoneboro. The Zahniser Cemetery and Old Homestead are located nearby, if you are interested in a little piece of history.
Family members are requested to arrive at 11 a.m. with the tureen meal served at noon. Each family is asked to provide a casserole dish or dessert. Table service and beverages will be provided, and a gift basket auction and 50/50 chance are planned.
Each family gathered in Stoneboro will be joined with other Zahniser family members in united States at the Zoom meeting at 1 p.m. EDT.
• There will be a WaterFire Sharon work day from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday at the WaterFire warehouse, Franklin and Railroad streets, Sharon. Join to prep for brazier installation, wrap torches and make wicks for the Sept. 18 event.
• Karaoke is at 7 p.m. today at Twin City Elks.
• The French Creek Archaeological Society is hosting an Artifact and Relic show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 31 at St. Philip Catholic Church Social Hall, 401 S. Mercer St., Linesville, Pa. Admission is $4 per person, bring exact change; children 12 and younger are free. Masks may be required and the number of people could be restricted and social distancing may be required.
Demonstrations will include flint knapping and spear throwing. Displays and items for sale include Indian artifacts, fossils, minerals, jewelry, display cases and flint knapping supplies. Bring your artifacts and fossils for identification.
For more information, call John Sites at 814-398-8212.
• West Middlesex VFW Post 6233 is having a steak fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on Aug. 20. Cook your own steak. Parsley potatoes, green beans, salad, bread, plus dessert and beverage included.
Music by R-N-R Rock and Roll Express DJ
Tickets $20. Call 724-528-2331 for tickets.