THINGS TO DO
• The Mercer Count Breast Cancer Support Group meeting scheduled for Aug. 11 has been cancelled. Meetings will resume in September at the UPMC Outpatient Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• Quota of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kids program is collecting all types of underwear, socks and pajamas for school age children, including adult sizes for high school students. Drop off tubs are located at Knott’s Interiors, 1505 N. Hermitage Road, and Greenville Savings Bank, 550 N. Hermitage Road.
• Twin City Elks is having a soul food dinner from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
• BUMC, 6951 Grove St., Brookfield, Ohio, is having a rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Aug. 6 and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Aug. 7. There will be household goods, kitchen wares, decorative items, furniture, baby items, knick knacks, clothing for the whole family, shoes, etc., available. There will also be a Chinese auction and CDs, tapes and books free for the taking. Refreshments available.
AT THE SENIOR CENTERS
• The Shenango Valley Senior Center is open and operating in compliance from the PA Department of Aging, the PA Department of Health and the CDC. If you are sick, please stay home. A face mask that covers your nose and mouth is required for everyone’s safety. Use hand sanitizer upon entering and throughout your stay. Socially distance while standing, sitting and exercising. If your temperature is over 100, you will be asked to go home for the protection of others.
Activity schedule for this week:
MONDAY: 10 a.m., Big Six B-I-N-G-O; 10:30 a.m., Silver Sneakers; 12:30 p.m., Arthritis Fdn. Exercise
TUESDAY: 9 a.m., Total Body Fitness; 10 a.m., Cardio Drumming; 10 a.m., Duplicate Bridge; 10:30 a.m., Chair Zumba; 11 a.m., Trim-n-Tone; 12:30 p.m., Yoga
WEDNESDAY: 9:30 a.m., B-I-N-G-O; 11 a.m., Atty. Carolyn Hartle; 12:30 p.m., Movie and popcorn; 1 p.m., Knitting/Crocheting
THURSDAY: 9 a.m., Total Body Fitness; 9:15 a.m., Wellness Support Group; 10:30 a.m., Medicare Auction; 11 a.m., Trim-n-Tone; 12:30 p.m., Arthritis Fdn. Exercise; 1 p.m., Afternoon Euchre; 3 p.m., Rumba
FRIDAY: 9:30 a.m., Shuffleboard; 12:30 p.m., Yoga; 1:30 p.m., Ultra Bingo with 50/50, door prizes and snacks; 2 p.m., Line Dancing
• The Greenville Senior Center is open with a modified schedule. Masks must still be worn and temperature will still be taken.
Meals are take-out only. Attendees are asked to reserve them two days in advance. Pick-up is at 11:30 a.m. each day. The suggested meal donation is $2.50 unless otherwise specified.
Aug. cold lunch option: Tuna salad sandwich replaces the protein, side dishes still included. Attendees are asked to specify if they would like the cold lunch option.
Ham and cheese salad option: Ham and cheese, hard-boiled egg, lettuce, tomato wedge, pickled beets, dinner roll, fruit.
Activity and lunch schedule for this week:
» MONDAY: 9 a.m., Total Body Fitness; 9:30 a.m., Bingo; 10:15 a.m., Yoga; Noon to 1 p.m., Greenville Needlers
Lunch: Chicken marsala w/gravy, bowtie noodles, Brussel sprouts, wheat bread, mixed fruit
» TUESDAY: 9:30 a.m., Bingo; Walk ‘n’ Scratch Your Reward; 11 a.m., Suzan Clark, Resources for Life/UPMC for Life; 1 to 4 p.m., Pickleball
Lunch: Baked cabbage roll w/tomato sauce, garlic whipped potatoes, coin carrots, dinner roll, strawberry shortcake
» WEDNESDAY: 9 a.m., Total Body Fitness; 9:30 a.m., Bingo; 10:15 a.m., Yoga; 11 a.m., Tai Chi; Noon to 3 p.m., Mahjong in library; 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., Corn Hole
Lunch: Mild buffalo chicken salad sandwich w/shredded lettuce, baked potato soup w/crackers, sandwich roll, fresh melon
» THURSDAY: 9:30 a.m., Bingo; 9:30 a.m., Silver Sneakers; 10:15, Enhance Fitness/Walk w/Ease; Noon to 3 p.m., Euchre in dining room; 1 to 4 p.m., Pickleball
Lunch: $1: Potato crusted fish, Tuscan mac and cheese, Italian green beans, wheat bread, fresh fruit
» FRIDAY: 9 a.m., Total Body Fitness; 9:30 a.m., Bingo; 11 a.m., Dan Hogan, re-opening concert
Lunch: Salisbury steak w/gravy, cheddar whipped potatoes, corn and pimentos, white bread, pears