THINGS TO DO
• Hermitage Historical Society is holding a vintage clothing show, a display of men’s, women’s, military and children’s clothing and accessories, at the Stewart House, 5465 E. State St., Hermitage, from 1 to 4 p.m. July 20-21.
Members of the Society and Daughters of the American Revolution will be on hand to provide information on the displays, and the society’s vintage items will be for sale in the garage on the days of the clothing show.
• Sandy Lake Community Fun Days, sponsored by local businesses and organizations, is Friday through Sunday at G. Turner Craig Park.
On Friday, from 5 to 10 p.m. there will be food vendors, craft and flea market vendors; 7 p.m. will be the Firemen’s parade; 7:45 p.m., 2019 Sandy Lake King and Queen; 8 p.m., Lakeview Area Talent Show; 9 p.m., outdoor family movie and music by “Midnight Blue.”
Saturday’s events: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. food and craft vendors; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., classic car show and cruise-in; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., free kids zone, games and interactive fun; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., police, fire and rescue public safety display; noon to 6 p.m. Lions Club chicken dinner; noon to 2 p.m. Dragonfly balloons and facepainting; 2 p.m. Adam Swartz Puppets; 3 p.m. Magic by Devin Knight; 4 p.m. Jungle Terry; 4 p.m. Pine Valley Boys, 5 p.m. Rock Jazz; 6 p.m. Stephen Ceremuga; 7 p.m. Hanna Williamson and Shick; 8 p.m. Audacity; 9 p.m. Joyride and 10 p.m. fireworks.
On Sunday music with Slim Brothers and Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church and Lakeview United Methodist Church Praise Bands entertain at 10 a.m.; Community worship in the park, co-hosted by Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church and Lakeview United Methodist Church at 11 a.m.; food vendors from 1 to 5 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. is RC Car Drag Racing and Garden Tractor Pulls at 3 p.m.
• Farrell Croatian Club is having a steak fry from 4 to 7 p.m. July 27.
Dinner includes steak, sides and sweets. The cost is $20.
Reservations: 724-346-5053 (after 3 p.m.) by July 23.
• St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, 4453 Warren-Sharon Road, Vienna, offers their next Second Saturday Supper, a traditional All-American dinner of roast beef and mashed potatoes, veggie, salad, dinner roll, dessert and beverage from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
The cost is $12 for adults and $6 for children younger than age 12. Takeouts available.
• Sharon Walk to End Alzheimer’s will have its Kick Off Party: Celebrity Bartending Night July 18 at The Clark House in Clark.
Celebrity bartenders will be Kevin Hoffman, state champ West Middlesex baseball coach; Dr. Morris and Dr. Neslar of Morris Chiropractic; Ryann Williams and Candis Schiek of Shenango on the Green; Randy Kesslar from Edward Jones; Christie Hull, owner of Creative Hair, and others.
The Mike Peterson Band will perform.
There will be a 50/50 raffle and a basket raffle.
All proceeds benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.
• St George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, serves a chicken paprikash dinner from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Cost is $10. Dine in or takeouts available.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s “Gutchies for Kidz” is collecting all types of underwear, socks and pajamas for school children, including adult sizes for high school students. Drop off tubs are in Hermitage at:
» Knott’s Interiors, 1505 N. Hermitage Road.
» Greenville Savings Bank, 550 N. Hermitage Road.
» Dr. Michelle Thompson, 705 Brookshire Drive, Suite 2.
» Jefferson at the Lake, 7271 W. Market St., Mercer.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1958 gathers for a meet and greet noon Aug. 30 at Golden Corral, Hermitage.
Info: Erma Reynolds Brenneman, 724-456-2293.
• Sharon High School class of 1956 meets for lunch at noon July 17 at the Middlesex Diner.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1959 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Middlesex Diner.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 gathers for lunch at 1 p.m. July 18 at Ryders Restaurant in New Wilmington.
All classmates and friends are welcome.
• Brookfield High School class of 1964 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. July 18 at Up a Creek Restaurant, Howland, Ohio. Classmates, spouses and friends welcome.
• Central Christian Church, 218 Meadowbrook Road, Hermitage, holds a free community breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
There will be breakfast of pancakes, sausages, eggs, hash browns, pastry, juice and coffee.
There is no qualifying and no paperwork. Everyone welcome, and seniors and students encouraged
• Mercer County Builders Association holds its annual summer picnic July 17 at The Barn, 3524 N. Hermitage Road, Transfer. Social hour, sponsored for the 20th year by Susi Builders Supply, begins at 5:30 p.m. Picnic dinner, sponsored by Taylor of Hermitage, at 6:30 p.m.
The agenda will focus on attendee networking and trivia questions/prizes.
The casual picnic is open to members and guests.
Reservations/information call 724-475-4834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Phillips-Gulentz family reunion will be 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 24 at New Virginia Park, 5360 Virginia Road, Hermitage.
Info: Carol, 724-347-1640.
• The 143rd annual Zahinser Foundation business meeting and family reunion will be held Aug. 3 at Stoneboro Volunteer Fire Company Hall in Stoneboro. The Zahinser Cemetery and Homestead are located nearby for those interested in a piece of history.
Family members are requested to arrive at 11 a.m. with the tureen meal served at noon. Each family is asked to provide a casserole dish or dessert. Table service and beverage will be provided.
A gift basket auction and 50/50 chance are planned, with several baskets already donated, and more baskets of new items valued at $20 will be accepted at the reunion until 11 a.m.
Betty Zahniser Shafer maintains the family history and will be at the reunion to update information. She can be contacted at email@example.com or 330-448-2390.
• Mercer High School class of 1958 annual reunion will be at noon July 27 at Primanti Brothers Restaurant, Route 208, Grove City.
• Join Munnell Run Farm in conjunction with artist Brandon Cowie for a festive summer barn wood project “Everything is Gonna Be All Right” from 6 to 8 p.m. July 22 in the Munnell Run Farm Education Building, 753 Greenville Road, Mercer. (The project will be posted on the website, www.munnellrunfarm.org).
There is a program fee of $30. Registration and payment are required by July 19. Call 724-662- 2242 or visit our facebook page at Munnell Run Farm to register and pay. Please make checks payable to: Munnell Run Farm, 24 Avalon Court, Suite 300, Mercer, PA 16137.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, sponsors a bus trip to Seneca Allegany Casino, S alamanca, N.Y., on Aug. 22. Bus departs the church parking lot at 9 a.m. and returns at 8:30 p.m.
Cost is $40 per person and includes $25 incentives and $5 food voucher.
Info: Marge, 724-854-1503.