THINGS TO DO
• An Orthodox Food Festival will be 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sept. 21 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 22 at St. George Serbian Orthodox Church grounds, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage.
Menu includes gyros, baklava, strudel, chicken on spit, stuffed grape leaves, Spanikopita, Geek fries, crepes, stuffed cabbage, Cevaps, torte and roasted lamb.
Admission is free and pavilion seating available. There will be a Chinese auction and live bands.
• Penn High School class of 1957 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Rainbow Valley Restaurant, Hadley.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 will gather for a picnic beginning at 2 p.m. July 14 at Thelma’s Sports Nook, Sharpsville.
Reservations requested by July 1.
Info: Call Judy at 724-981-2430.
• Tri-County Country Music Association will meet Tuesday at Slippery Rock Community Township Building, 155 Branchton and Harmony crossroads. Doors open at 5 p.m.
The tureen for July will be picnic foods. Bring your favorite picnic casserole, salad or dessert to share.
Musicians and singers are welcome. Shalico Band will play country and oldies music.
This is a smoke-free event, handicap accessible, open to the public and air conditioned.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
Spouses and friends welcome.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center will host a bus trip to River’s Casino on July 23.
Cost is $30 and includes $30 in free play. Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
The Lakes of Jefferson will be the sponsor and will provide a breakfast goodie and prizes.
Those ages 50 and older can reserve a seat at the SVSC between 1 and 4 p.m.
• All graduates from Wilmington Area High School will gather July 12 to honor the class of 1969, who is celebrating their 50th year journey from graduation. The event, occurring annually in the high school cafeteria, begins with social hour at 5:30 p.m., followed by a catered buffet dinner at 6:30 p.m.
Cost is $25 per person.
Info: Reservations or to request information, contact Myrna Young, 724-530-2993. Checks may be mailed to Myrna Young at 358 Pine Spring Drive, Slippery Rock PA 16057. You check should indicate what year you graduated.
• The annual St. Michael High School reunion will be July 27 at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Clarksville Street., Greenville. Join the hallmark classes of 1939, 1944, 1949, 1954 and 1959 and host class of 1964 for the 120th anniversary of the school.
The reunion is open to anyone who may ever have attended even if you did not graduate.
Reservation deadline is July 15.
• Reservations are due for the Scarmack reunion, which begins at 12:30 p.m. July 21 at the Shriner’s Club.
A Mass for the living and deceased members of the Scarmack family will be held at Our Lady of Fatima Church at 9 a.m.
Buffet will begin at 1 p.m.
Bring a new $5 gift for the Chinese auction and a dessert to be shared.
Those baking homemade bread should bake on small loaf to be judged and a large loaf to be shared. Winners will be announced.
Info: Send reservations to Dan Scarmack at 1175 Will O Wood Drive, Hubbard Ohio 44425.
• Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., will hold its annual Trash & Treasure Days from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 12 and 13 at the church.
The sale will include estate items, vintage dishes and glassware, collectibles, linens, books, and unique and hard to find items.
Senor Joe’s Taco Truck will be on hand serving your favorite Mexican food on July 13.
Other community events include the Library’s Red, White & Blue book sale and town-wide yard sales.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 10 and 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 11.
There will be designer clothes, shoes, accessories, tools, books, household items, electronics, decor, furniture and more.
Come hungry. Food will be available to purchase. Coffee and donuts from 9 to 11 a.m. and burgers, hot dogs, sides and snacks from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s “Gutchies for Kidz” is collecting all types of underwear, socks and pajamas for school children, including adult sizes for high school students. Drop off tubs are in Hermitage at:
» Knott’s Interiors, 1505 N. Hermitage Road.
» Greenville Savings Bank, 550 N. Hermitage Road.
» Dr. Michelle Thompson, 705 Brookshire Drive, Suite 2.
» Jefferson at the Lake, 7271 W. Market St., Mercer.
• St. John’s Episcopal Church, 226 W. State St., Sharon, will hold a rummage and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. The sale will reopen from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday for the $2 bag sale.
There will be household decor, jewelry, toys, linens, shoes, purses and clothes.
Credit cards accepted over $10.