• The Mercer County Republican Committee and the GOP Women will hold a combined picnic at 6:30 p.m. July 19, at Mercer County 4-H Park, with Superior Court Judge Maureen Lally-Green, Mercer County native and Republican-endorsed candidate for the state Supreme Court, as speaker.
Meat and refreshments will be provided with attendees asked to take table service and a covered dish.
A Chinese auction will be held. Members should take items for the auction and backpacks for the schoolchildren project. The public is invited.
• Sharon Regional Health System retirees’ annual picnic begins at 5 p.m. Monday at Shenango Township Park, Hubbard-West Middlesex Road, state Route 318, behind the Shenango Township Fire Station.
Beverages and sandwiches will be provided. Take a dessert.
• The Mercer County Council of Republican Women are having an apple dumpling with ice cream sale during the Victorian Days in Mercer, from noon to 5 p.m. July 21 and 22.
Apple dumplings will be sold from the Republican Headquarters, South Diamond Street. The sale is open to the public.
Info: Rhonda McClelland, president, 724-866-4553; and Carol Bralski, 724- 346-9467, or Phyllis Benson, 724-346-7492, co-chairs.
• The Greater Sharon Associates is having its Fifth Annual Downtown Sharon Car Cruise from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 11. Registration is 8 to 10 a.m. in The Herald parking lot. First 500 cars receive a free dash plaque.
Live entertainment provided by the Gordon James Band from noon to 2 p.m. There will be a craft show/artist bazaar for shopping.
All cars and participants welcome. Take your rod or classic car and spend the day.
Sponsorships are needed: gold, $500 and up; silver, $250 and up; and patrons, $100 and up. Make checks payable to GASA, in care of Angela Palumbo, Mercer County CareerLink, 217 W. State St., Sharon 16146.
• Mercer County Master Gardeners present an “Open Gardens Tour” from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 21. This event will be a self-guided tour through four of Mercer County’s finest gardens: Emmy Devonshire, Mercer; Becky Maybray, Mercer; Anne Stigliano, Hermitage; and Dennis James, Transfer.
Tickets, at $10 a person for all four gardens, are available at the Mercer Chamber of Commerce and Leslie N. Firth Learning Center. Tickets will also be available at the gardens the day of the tour. Proceeds benefit future Master Gardeners’ tuition.
• St. Bernadette Church Women's Altar and Rosary Guild meeting is at 1 p.m. July 17 in the church hall. Hostesses are Jeanette Kalinich and Dorothy Pasacic.
• Sharon Westinghouse Retirees will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Buhl Farm park in the upper ballfield shelter near the kite field.
Speaker will be Linda Leech, director of the Shenango Valley Senior Community Service Center.
• Reynolds High School class of 1961 meets for breakfast at 9 a.m. Saturday at The Italian Home Club, South Race Street, Greenville.
• Penn Power Retirees will travel to Carousel Dinner Theater in Akron on Aug. 8. Pickup is at 10:15 a.m. in the parking lot of Hermitage Towne Plaza, near K-mart.
The groups has a trip to Virginia Beach, Va., planned for Sept. 9-13. This trip includes lodging; eight meals; guided tours of Colonial Williamsburg, the Norfolk Naval base and the USS Wisconsin; a dinner cruise; and a winery and more.
Info: Ann Hines, 724-342-5992, or Diane Ochs, 724-588-4169.
• The Grove City Caregiver Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. July 18 at Orchard Manor, 20 Orchard Drive, Grove City. A short video on coping skills will be viewed. The support group is free and open to anyone caring for a loved one, no matter what the age.
Info: Mary Jo Palmer, 724-458-7760.
• Farrell High School class of 1949 is having a 58th class reunion Aug. 18-19.
Addresses are needed for these classmates: James Adair, Dick Broscoe, Virginia Dunlap Crim, Alvin Fore, Emanuel Hailstock, Betty Jane Liener Stein, Byrde Joan Liener, Beulah McNeal, Lena Repas Moyer, Margaret Muscarella Peters, Reba Sattlewhite Wakefield and Tom Springer.
Reservations must by in by Aug. 3. Info: Pearl Gutrinez Mindicino, 724-962-5610.
• Hickory High School class of 1940 will hold its reunion at 11 a.m. July 19 in Veterans of Foreign Wars, Hermitage.
• The annual Scarmack reunion will begin at 12:30 p.m. July 15 at the Mercer County Shrine Club, 4201 Lamor Road, Hermitage.
A family Mass will be held at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Fatima church, Roemer Boulevard, Farrell.
A Chinese auction will be held. New gifts valued at $5 minimum should be taken to the Shrine Club.
Adult and children’s raffles will be held.
Bingo for adults, bocce, kids games and prizes will provide entertainment.
Each family should take a dessert to be shared and their own beverages.
Registration and reservations should be sent to Dan Scarmack, 448 Stambaugh Ave., Sharon.
Early registration will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
• Russell Street School/West Hill reunion is July 20 at The Rosemont, Sharon.
Info: 724-346-3720; 724-347-4888; or 724-342-2224.