THINGS TO DO
• Sharon High School Class of 1962 will meet for lunch at noon Wednesday at Laddie’s Sky Club in Brookfield.
Spouses and guests are welcome.
• WIMODAUSIS meets at noon Aug. 14 in the west dining room at the Scottish Rite Cathedral, New Castle.
Ham loaf is on the menu and the program will be Hermie Granati on the keyboard. Call 724-674-2265 to make a reservation by Aug. 9. Permanent-list members need only call to cancel.
• Farrell High School class of 1966 gathers for lunch at noon Wednesday at Thelma’s in Sharpsville.
All are welcome.
• A Teach Your Dog to Catch a Frisbee Clinic will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hovis Auto & Truck Supply Distribution Center, 1000 Champion Drive, Mercer, (a half-mile west of the Grove City Premium Outlets on state Route 208).
Instructors are world champion Disc Dog competitors Mark Vitullo and Billy Woodman.
The cost is $10 per person/dog.
If you don’t have your own discs, there’ll be plenty of practice discs on hand and new ones for sale. All you need to bring is your dog(s) on a leash, a long, 30’ line if your dog’s retrieve still needs work, and water and treats for your dog. It may be helpful to bring a dog crate or friend or family member to watch your dog while you practice throwing.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you’re planning to attend. Walk-ups are welcome.
• Summer is for s’more fun, and Girl Scouts throughout western Pennsylvania have planned special events to celebrate National S’mores Day, which is Aug. 10. Girl Scouts, volunteers and GSWPA staff are hosting 13 events for community members and Girl Scouts.
Local events will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 15 at Buhl Park shelter 2, Hermitage, and 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 10 at New Wilmington Borough Park, New Wilmington.
• A braised steak dinner will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 10 at Grace Harvest (Church of God of Prophecy), 2396 Leesburg-Grove City Road, Mercer.
Dinner includes braised steak, mashed potatoes, vegetable, cole slaw, drink and dessert.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5 to 12.
For takeouts or delivery, call 724-734-1171.
• Mercer County Conservation District and DCNR State Parks present Moonlight Kayaking from 7 to 10 p.m. Aug. 15 at Launch 3 in Maurice K. Goddard State Park. Refer to the park map if you are unsure of the launch location.
All equipment will be provided including: kayaks, life vests, and paddles. The organizers ask that you bring a snack and a drink as well as a headlamp if you have one. All experience levels are encouraged, but the 14 is the minimum age.
You must pre-register by Aug. 12. There is no fee for the program, but there is limited space so pre-register quickly.
To pre-register or for questions, call 724-662- 2242.