things to do
• Pymatuning Joint High School class of 1953 gathers for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 9 at the Dutch Oven, formerly Carini’s, in Jamestown.
All members and friends are invited to attend.
• Penn High School class of 1957 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 7 at the Greenville Junction, formerly Stone Arch.
• Farrell High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at noon Aug. 7 at Eat n’ Park, Hermitage.
• Whispering Oaks, Hermitage, holds its 9th Annual Car Show beginning at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 7.
The event includes entertainment by Sundown Sounds, 50/50 and basket raffles benefiting the Greater PA Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Reservations, call 724-347-3050.
• Seeds of Faith Ministry will be a food vendor from noon to 8 p.m. today through Saturday at the Recreational Facility, 1108 Fruit Ave., Farrell.
Special will be French fries for $2. There will be sweet treats for youth.
To place order, call 724-931-5018.
• All About Children’s Needs Inc. is having a yard sale to help kids in Africa from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday at 2481 Rombold Road, Hermitage.
There will be kids and baby items, shoes, books, household items, auction baskets and candy bars.
• St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 159 Todd Avenue (use back entrance) will hold an End of Summer Sale with vendors/crafts/miscellaneous items from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 10.
Along with homemade crafts, there will be hot dogs and baked goods and lots of items.
Admission is $1 for adults to benefit the church building fund.
• Penn State Shenango staff and faculty host their fourth annual Scoop and Paint fundraiser at 1 p.m. Saturday in the campus’ Great Hall, 147 Shenango Avenue, downtown Sharon.
Admission is $35 per person and includes painting supplies, as well as a large helping of Penn State Berkey Creamery ice cream.
All proceeds benefit the Heart of Shenango Scholarship, which is the only Shenango campus scholarship funded solely by staff and faculty donations.
Attendees will leave with a hand-painted spring canvas. The class instructor will be featured artist Tabithia Cromartie from Farrell.
Tickets, call 724-983-2836. Checks should be made payable to Penn State University. All participants must be at least 16 years old.
Registration is limited.
• Sharpsville Gridiron Club holds a pancake breakfast fundraiser from 8 a.m. to noon Aug. 10 at the Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars, 215 W. Walnut St., Sharpsville.
Cost is $7 per person and tickets will be available at the door. Takeouts available.
• The 126th annual Yeager reunion will be held Aug. 11 in the red pavilion at the Commodore Perry Community Park near Sheakleyville. The dinner bell rings sharply at 1 p.m.
Take food to share and a table service. Hot and cold beverages will be available.
Don’t forget to bring a gift for the Chinese auction.
This reunion is for the descendants of Peter and Mary Smith Yeager, who established a homestead in 1853 in Perry Township near Clarks Mills.
Info: Debbie, 724-253-4742.