THINGS TO DO
• The Mercer Senior Center will reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday at the Brandy Springs Community Building.
There’ll be the usual games – 500, chicken domino, give me five and bingo
Lunch reservations can be made by calling 724-662-6666 or by telling any of the regular members by today. Bring $4 to cover all and a mask.
• The Farrell Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5286 was unable to hold its Vets for Pets fundraiser due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Anyone who bought a ticket and wants a refund should stop by the VFW Post. You must provide your ticket stub for the refund.
• West Middlesex Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary, 3747 New Castle Road, sponsors a flea market every Thursday weather permitting through Sept. 24.
• The Stoneboro Celebration Committee, which had to cancel its annual celebration because of the COVID-19 outbreak, will still be sponsoring fireworks over the lake in Stoneboro on the original night, this Saturday at dusk.
The group says it should be a particularly spectacular show as more of its money was spent for this show.
Anyone wishing to help pay for the fireworks may send a check to Stoneboro Celebration Committee, Box 675, Stoneboro, PA 16153.
The committee hopes to continue to have a summer celebration June 25-27, 2021.
• Grove City borough and Pine Township are presenting fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. For COVID-19 safety, there will be no access this year to the football field. Parking will be available in surrounding lots.