Things to do
• Leesburg ECO Presbyterian Church holds its Fifth Annual Touch A Truck and All Things that Go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 22.
Admission is free.
• Buhl Park, Hermitage, will host an event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, as part of National Get Outdoors Day (GO Day), to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun.
The Cabin Café concession stand will be open for the duration of the day with live music by Jack Lindey at the outdoor stage from noon to 2 p.m.
There will be a great variety of outside organizations coming in to offer free exhibits and informational sessions. Just to name a few, some of these will include Big Dog RC of Stoneboro, showcasing live remote control boat races on Lake Julia taking place from noon to 3 p.m.
The Sharon Kiwanis Club and the Mercer County Trails Association will be on site offering tips on bike safety while giving out free helmets to children and teens in need.
Carried Away Outfitters will offer kayaking between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and outdoor yoga with the Walnut Lodge will also be going on at Shelter 2.
All programs and activities are free and will be located throughout the Park in areas such as Lake Julia, Shelter 2, Baseball Field, Butterfly Garden and the Outdoor Stage.
• Farrell High School class of 1959 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Perkins Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Farrell High School class of 1965 gathers for their monthly get together at 4 p.m. this afternoon, June 5, at Our Gang’s Lounge, Sharon.
Spouse or guest welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
All classmates and spouses are welcome.
• Mercer High School class of 1956 meets at 9 a.m. Saturday at Ryder Restaurant, New Wilmington.
All classmates, spouses and friends welcome.
• Sharon Steel Office Girls reunion is set for 11:30 a.m. June 22 at Red Lobster, Hermitage.
Reservations or regrets will be taken by Judy Richert at 330-448-4589 or Cheryl Cave, 724-342-1077.
• First Baptist Church, 301 W. State St., Sharon, is having a rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
• The free workshop and walk, What’s the Plan for Your Woods?, will be held Saturday at the Pig Barn on Munnell Run Farm, 24 Avalon Court, north of Mercer. The workshop will be run from 8 a.m. to noon with registration at 7:30 a.m.
The workshop is sponsored by the Mercer County Ag Development Council and several agricultural organizations.
Topics: Cutting Practices: Do’s and Don’ts, Invasive Plants, Landowner Responsibilities, Cutting Practices in Younger Woodlots, Protecting Your Interests, and a tour of woodlots.
Info: Register by Thursday, by calling 724-662-2242 or by visiting tinyurl.com/y6rlzlaa.