• Grove City Asperger/Autism Support Group will have a family picnic at noon today (June 12) in Grove City Memorial Park Pavilion. New members are welcome. Those attending should take a favorite dish and place settings. Info: Vicki McBryan, 724-967-1079, or Natasha Aque, 724-748-0056.
• An Internet security seminar will be 6 to 8 p.m. June 18 in Grace Chapel Community Church, 120 Elm St., Sharon. Tom Conner, a Parma, Ohio, policeman, will cover keeping children safe in the world of computers. Child care will be provided.
• “Pulps, Comics and Pop Culture” will be 6 to 7 p.m. June 24 in Community Library of the Shenango Valley, 11 N. Sharpsville Ave., Sharon. Bob Paulson will present a short history of some of the major pulp characters and a few major writers like H.P. Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard and explain how each of these sometimes forgotten writers and characters have such an impact on our popular culture today.
• Join Shenango River Watchers Inc. for the Ohio River Sweep at 9 a.m. June 21 at the canoe launch in Sharon, near the northeast corner of the Shenango Valley Freeway and Budd Street. The Ohio River Sweep was started in 1989 and included the entire Ohio River Watershed of which the Shenango River Watershed is a part. Groups in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia will clean up during this interstate event. Registration: 724-342-5453.
• Crossing Paths TV Ministry (Don Reed Ministry) will have a yard sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 19 through 21 at the ministry building, 670 Dutch Lane, Hermitage. Donated items may be dropped off June 18 at the building to help keep Crossing Paths on local television. The event will have Crossing Paths singers, testimonies, food and haircuts to help the ministry. Come and meet Don and Gene and share your testimony or your vision for your church or ministry. Roger and Connie Smith of Trimedia Productions will provide TV coverage. The program also is available online at www.crossingpaths.org
• The Annual Strawberry Fest will be held from 2:30 to 7 p.m. June 25 in the fellowship hall of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage. Homegrown strawberries, cake, ice cream and beverage will be available for $4 donation. Hot dogs, sloppy joes, macaroni, German potato salad and baked beans will also be available. Advanced tickets: church office, 724-981-2050. Tickets also available at the door. Supplement funds will be provided by Thrivent Financial. Proceeds go to beautify the church landscape project.
• Hickory High School Class of 1960 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. June 21 in The Cookery, 1000 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• The Survivors of Suicide support group will meet at 7 p.m. June 19 at Grace Chapel Church, 120 Elm Ave. Sharon. The group meets the third Thursday of each month. Info: 724-347-0538.
• Cheerleading tryouts at Farrell High School are set for 5 to 7 p.m. July 8. Coach is Erika Jones.