• The Ridgewood at Shenango Valley, located adjacent to UPMC Horizon, will hold its fourth annual Strawberry Festival from 2 to 4 p.m. June 25.
Strawberry desserts will be served to all guests. Proceeds from the Chinese and live auctions will benefit the Good Samaritan Fund. Information: 724-347-1298.
• Mercer American Red Cross will hold its “Babysitter’s Training course” from 5 to 9 p.m. June 22 and 23 at the chapter house, 247 S. Oakland Ave., Sharon.
This interactive course teaches first aid and safety skills to prevent and respond to emergencies. Participants will learn to perform first aid and get help fast, identify common safety hazards and prevent injuries, make good responsible decisions, supervise infants through school-ages children, choose safe and age-appropriate toys and games, perform basic care routines, like diapering, feeding and dressing and handle bedtime issues.
Cost for the two-day class is $40 and participants will receive a first aid kit, babysitter’s handbook and backpack. Information/registration: 724-981-3205.
• Gilbert’s Insurance and Counseling offers a free class on healthcare plans for those that are between jobs, part time with no benefits, students, underinsured and/or uninsured will be held at 10 a.m. June 21 in the Sharon Municipal Building Council Chambers, 155 W. Connelly Blvd.
Seating is limited and reservations will be accepted until noon the day before each class. Information/reservations: Sue Schneider or Connie Gerba, 800-660-6832.
• The Mercer County Lupus Support Group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. June 21 at UPMC Womancare Center, state Route 18, Hermitage
The group meets the third Wednesday of every month. There will be no meeting in July. This month’s topic is “Sun Strategies.”
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease where the body’s immune system attacks its own cells and healthy tissue causing inflammation. Lupus can range from mild to life threatening. The disease is hard to diagnose and there is no cure.
All lupus patients, their family and friends are welcome to join this support group sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of Pennsylvania. Information: Jane Lippincott 724-962-0368.
• Stoneboro High School annual alumnae banquet will be held at 6 p.m. June 30 in Stoneboro Fire Hall.
Reservations are $12.50 per person. Arraignments can be made through Mary Louise Hutchison or Lida Pierce of Stoneboro. Reservations are due by June 21.
• Penn Power retirees of Clark will be traveling to Seneca Allegheny on July 12.
The group will leave from KMart in Hermitage at 7 p.m. Cost is $30 per person for the one day trip, $20 in coin and $5 in food. Reservations or for the waiting list: Ann Hines, 724-342-5992. All payments are due by Sunday.
• The Cookery, state Route 18, Hermitage, hosts these meetings:
– Covenant Presbyterian Church Golfers, 8:30 a.m. today.
– Shenango Reservoir Campers, 9 a.m. today.
– Hermitage Retired Teachers, 9 a.m. today.
– Rev. Eckles Gospel Ministries, 9 a.m. Saturday.
– The Lait Party, 9 a.m. Saturday.
• Sharon Regional Health System retirees will meet at 2 p.m. Monday in HealthPlace, Highland Road, Hermitage.
Susan Borowski will speak on laugh therapy.