Things to do
• Tri County Country Music Association evening of music and dancing will be held Tuesday at Slippery Rock Township Community Building, 155 Harmony and Branchton crossroads. Doors open at 5 p.m.
We will have a Father’s Day tureen before the music starts, you are asked to bring your favorite casserole, salad, or dessert to share. Coffee, water, and soda pop will be available.
Music is provided by the Shalico Band, playing Country and Oldies for and evening of listening or dancing, lots of room area for dancing.
There will also be a cake walk, and door prizes too. Donation at the door is $5.
Host is Pete Watt, president and Carol Young, secretary/treasurer.
Musicians; singers and/or instrument players are welcome.
The event is open to the public, smoke-free, and handicap accessible.
• Dean Foods retirees meet for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Mercer County Democratic Party meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Hermitage City Building, 800 N. Hermitage Road.
The agenda for the meeting will include a review of the recent primary election results.
All Democrats and Independents in the community are invited to attend.
• Mercer County Toastmasters Club will meet at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday at UPMC Horizon, 2200 Memorial Drive, Farrell, in conference room 1. Meetings last about an hour and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Toastmasters is a nonprofit organization with more than 350,000 members in 15,000 clubs in 140 countries.
Info: Visit the Mercer County Club’s website at http://9057.toastmastersclubs.org or call club vice president Bill Cooper at 724-813-1985.
• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. for eat-in and 2 to 7 p.m. for takeouts today at the Shenango Valley Lodge 810, 61 S. Neshannock Road, Hermitage.
Menu includes salad, spaghetti and meatballs, ice cream and drinks.
Cost is $10. Children younger than age 6, are free.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s “Gutchies for Kidz” is collecting all types of underwear, socks and pajamas for school children, including adult sizes for high school students. Drop off tubs are in Hermitage at:
» Knott’s Interiors, 1505 N. Hermitage Road.
» Greenville Savings Bank, 550 N. Hermitage Road.
» Dr. Michelle Thompson, 705 Brookshire Drive, Suite 2.
» Jefferson at the Lake, 7271 W. Market St., Mercer.