• American Legion Post 299, Sharon, and the Legion’s Department of Pennsylvania announce a Veterans Outreach Service available to Mercer County veterans from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 19 and the third Thursday of each month.
Any veteran needing help with a VA claim, medical benefits or general information is urged to make plans to attend. Veterans may make appointments by calling 342-9093 or stop by the post home.
Veterans are reminded to take their DD-214 and/or any other military discharge papers with them.
• A representative from the Governors Veterans Outreach and Assistance Center will be available from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Veterans of Foreign Wars Hickory Post 6166, 5550 E. State St., Hermitage.
Veterans seeking assistance are encouraged to contact the representative at this time. Veterans are asked to taje a copy of their DD-214.
Arrangements can be made for a representative to visit homebound veterans by calling the Erie headquarters, 800-352-0915.
• A free father-son picnic at Coolspring Church, Mercer, is 6 p.m. June 20. The theme for the evening will be fishing-related and it is open to the public.
To make reservations, call the church office at 724-475-3712. Leave message as to how many will attend.
• The missions committee of New Virginia United Methodist Church, South Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is sponsoring a homemade ice cream, strawberries and cake social from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
Tickets are $3 each and everyone is welcome.
• The Shenango Valley Sashayers Western Square Dance Club will hold a Plus Dance beginning at 8 p.m. Friday at the Salvation Army, Fisher Hill and Hall Avenue, Sharon.
Len Dougherty will be the caller. Dress is casual.
The Sashayers are available to perform demonstrations. Call Jim or June at 724-646-3751.
• Penn Power Retirees of Clark and friends will enjoy a bus trip to Seneca Allegheny on July 7. The group will leave Hermitage at 8 a.m.
Cost is $28 each and includes $20 in coin and $5 for food.
Reservations: Ann Hines, 724-342-5992.