THINGS TO DO
• Hickory High class of 1956 meets at 8:30 on May 18 at Middlesex Diner. All classmates, spouses and friends are welcome.
• Hickory High School class of 1960 will meet for lunch at noon on Saturday at Thelma’s Sports Nook, 285 E. High St., Ext., Sharpsville.
• The Wilmington Township Mercer County Civic League is holding a garage sale/quilt raffle from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at the Wilmington Township Building, 35 Auction Road, New Wilmington. There will also be lunch and Amish donuts available. Dresden Plate Quilt Raffle is $1 per ticket, or $5 for six tickets.
• Jamestown’s recycling is from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday at the Jamestown Lion’s Club Community center behind the high school. Recycling is on the third Saturday of each month unless otherwise noted. Please note: no dumping is allowed before posted hours.
• Friends of the Manor are serving a Spring Brunch on May 22 and are now accepting reservations for an 11 a.m. seating.
Menu includes chicken croissant sandwich, cold soup, assorted fruits, desserts and beverages. There is a fee and the group is only accepting cash or check.
Early reservations are suggested due to limited seating. Call 724-932-3728 or 724-932-3428.
• Individuals of all blood types are urged to schedule an appointment now to give blood, and in most cases, those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine can donate. However, knowing the name of the manufacturer of the vaccine they received is important in determining donation eligibility. Appointments can be made by downloading the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enabling the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device.
May 21: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Clarks Mills United Methodist Church, 3813 Hadley Road, Clarks Mills
May 25: 12:30 to 6 p.m., Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 100 Penn Ave., Mercer
June 1: Noon to 5:30 p.m., Hampton Inn and Suites Grove City, 4 Holiday Blvd., Mercer
June 3: Noon to 5:30 p.m., St. John’s Orthodox Church, 3180 Morefield Road, Hermitage
June 7: 1 to 6 p.m., Sharpsville VFW Post 6404, 215 Walnut St., Sharpsville.