Things to do
• Penn High School class of 1957 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. June 5, in the Gallery Grille, Greenville.
• Hickory High School class of 1958 gathers at 1:30 p.m. May 28 at DiLorenzo’s Catering and Deli, Sharpsville.
Spouses and others welcome.
Info: Donna at 724-342-0035 or Granmad@roadrunner.com.
• St. Margaret Church, 701 Denver St., Jamestown, holds a pulled pork or half a barbecued chicken dinner from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday in its air-conditioned social hall (no steps). Please note the change in the date.
Dinner includes four sides, roll, dessert and beverage.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Tickets will be sold at the door.
There will also be a basket raffle.
• The 11th Annual Mercer County Youth Conservation Camp (MCYCC) car cruise and Chinese auction “Spring Dust Off” will be June 1 at the Shenango Valley Lodge 810, corner of South Neshannock Road and Route 62, Hermitage.
Doors open at 2 p.m. and drawings begin at 6 p.m.
There will be more than 100 items, gift baskets, gift certificates, 50/50 raffle plus tickets for gun/cash raffle. Exciting cars, delicious concessions and unbelievable prices will also be available.
Proceeds benefit MCYCC. A one week residential camp for youth ages 10-16 that are interested in the outdoors and related conservation practices. This year’s camp will run June 16-22 at Temple Grove, 347 Hamburg Road, Transfer.
Info: 724-699-1642 or email email@example.com
• Shenango River Watchers will hold its annual tire recycling collection Saturday from 9 a.m. until the truck is full or 1 p.m. at Riverside Park, Greenville.
The collection is free to anyone who lives within the Shenango River Watershed.
• Shenango River Watchers Spring Paddle Fest is set for June 15 at Pymatuning State Park. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Drop your gear at the launch below the dam in Pymatuning State Park then proceed to Riverside Park in Greenville to park your vehicle. From there, take the shuttle back to Pymatuning and put-in when you’re ready.
Busing from Riverside Park to Pymatuning will be provided. Buses run every half hour from 8 to 11 a.m. Lunch ends at 3 p.m.
Lunch provided at Riverside Park. There will be live music with The River Saints.
Launch from Pymatuning State Park and float (9 miles, 3.5 hours Class 1 Water). Restrooms available at launch, mid-float (Halfway Road) and at take out.
Cost is $15 per person.
Grab your tents and sleeping bags and make it a weekend, Riverside Family Campout, June 14-16. Camping fee is $15 (not all activities are free).
This is a tent only event. RV’s are not permitted. Tents can be rented through Carried Away Outfitters. Register for camping online at Reviveriverside.com.
Space is limited, reservations are required.
Info: email, firstname.lastname@example.org or message them on Facebook @rrfgreenville.