THINGS TO DO
• Hermitage Fire Station 3, 541 Mercer Ave., is sponsoring a blood drive from noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 20. All blood donors will receive the SARS CoV-2 antibody test to find out if they had COVID-19 in the past even if they were asymptomatic. This will help Vitalant (formerly Central Blood Bank) identify recovered COVID patients who may be eligible to donate their plasma to people fighting coronavirus.
All Vitalant donation centers and blood drives continue to deploy precautionary measures to ensure the safety of donors, patients and staff, including:
• Taking donors’ temperatures upon check-in
• Requiring face masks or cloth-based face coverings
• Disinfecting donor-touched or other high-touch areas often and after every donation
• Ensuring social distancing to keep donors and staff safe
To save your spot at this blood drive, visit vitalant.org or call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825).