THINGS TO DO
• A stuffed pork chop dinner will be served from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 16 at Hartstown Presbyterian Church, just west of the blinker light on Route 322 in Hartstown.
Dinner includes side dishes, beverage and homemade pie and desserts. Takeouts will be available.
In honor of veterans the dinner price for veterans will be $8; other adults $10; children ages 6 to 12, $5 and children younger than age 6 are free.
• Highway to Heaven Team Ministries holds its Third Annual Community Coat Drive “Coats for Kids” from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 18 Farrell City Building, 500 Roemer Blvd., Farrell.
The event is sponsored by Elders Jeffrey and Lanette Gordon.
• Hermitage Masonic Lodge 810, 61 S. Neshannock Road, Hermitage, holds a spaghetti dinner Saturday. Takeouts from 2 to 7 p.m. and dine in at the lodge from 4 to 7 p.m.
Spaghetti dinner includes drinks and ice cream.
Cost is $10 for adults; $5 for children ages 7 to 12; and children ages 6 and younger, are free.
• Aiding with Aging, a new support group for families caring for adults with intellectual disabilities, meets at 6 p.m. Nov. 21 at Diversified Family Services, 5454 E. State St., Hermitage. Use the rear entrance; parking is available in the back and side of the building. Wheelchair entry is available.
The goal of this group is to create a supportive network of resources for caregivers and to provide a sense of community. This month’s meeting will focus on issues facing families and adult consumers in today’s world. McKel Gordon, director of unlicensed services for Whole Life Services, will be the guest speaker.
Light refreshments will be served.
Info: Call Jan at 724-813-2413 or Bill at 724-301-7584. Reservations are appreciated by emailing email@example.com
There will also be a Thanksgiving dance at the DFS drop-in center at the front of the building from 6 to 8 p.m. Attendees can enjoy music and a snack.
Admission is free. Reservations due by Nov. 14 by calling Amanda Elavsky at 724-346-2123, extension 5533.
• West Hill Ministries holds a free Thanksgiving senior citizens luncheon at noon Nov. 14 at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 226 W. State St., Sharon.
Musical program by Rev. Burl Jernigan, pastor of First Baptist Church, Girard, Ohio.
There will be a free-will offering.
Reservations, call 724-347-7261.
• Pymatuning Joint High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 14 at the Dutch Oven in Jamestown.
All members and friends are welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1947 meets at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at Eat’ n Park, Hermitage. Classmates should note the date change due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Spouses and guests are welcome.
No meeting will be held in December. The next meeting will be held Jan. 23.
• Farrell High School class of 1957 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Nov. 13 at Hickor y Grille, Hermitage.
Classmates, spouses and friends.
• The Sharon Veterans of Foreign Wars holds a bridge ceremony for Veterans Day at 11 a.m. Monday in downtown Sharon.