THINGS TO DO
• Central Christian Church, 218 Meadowbrook Road, Hermitage, is holding a Bible Decommissioning Service at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 24. This event is designed to reverently and respectfully dispose of old/unusable Bibles. If you are unable to attend, a plastic bin is available outside the south entrance to receive your items 24/7. Social distancing and masks required for service.
Please call 724-347-1703 with questions.
• Holy Cross Orthodox Church, 950 Maple Dr., Hermitage, will be selling pumpkin rolls between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. every Wednesday through Nov. 25. The pumpkin rolls can be ordered ahead of pickup by calling 724-346-9937 or by curbside ordering and pickup. The price is $13 each.
• Farrell Croatian Home, 412 Stanton St., Farrell, is having an all you can eat lamb and chicken roast from 4 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 24.
For presale, call 724-346-5053 by Oct. 20.
• Gentle Shepherd Church of the Nazarene, 3480 Shenango Valley Freeway, Hermitage, is holding a free community spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 30. Drive thru, take out only.
For information, please call 724-342-7729.
• Sharon First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., Sharon, is having a ham loaf dinner, curbside pick up only, from 4 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 17. Cost is $10 and includes ham loaf, potatoes, vegetable, applesauce and dessert.
Call the church office at 724-983-0200 to pre-order, leaving a message with name and number of dinners requested. Pre-orders not required and drive-ins welcome.
• The Mercer Area Library is holding their Annual Used Book Sale on Oct. 15, 16 and 17. Choose from over 10,000 books, audio books, DVDs and more.
The hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 15 and 16; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 17.
The sale will be at Brandy Springs Park at the Community Center, 103 William T. Wardle Dr., Mercer.
Monies raised will be used for library projects.
• The Mercer Salvation Army is currently accepting applications for Winter Bundle Up Program for clothing. Criteria is income-based, ages 0-14, live in 16137 zip code and did not participate in last year’s program.
Contact 724-893-6031. Applications are being done by telephone. Deadline to apply is Oct. 23.
St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Rd., Hermitage, is holding a drive-thru Serb Fest on Nov. 1. Pick up begins at 1 p.m.
Menu (à la carte) includes: Sarma (stuffed cabbage roll), $3 per roll; Cevapi platter (Serbian sausages), $7; Serbian potato salad, $3; Srpska Salata (Serbian garden salad), $3; Plain Pogacha $5; Garlic Pogacha, $6; Palacinka (Serbian crepes), $3. The homemade “Take and Bake” menu includes: Spinach burek, $10 for each; meat burek, $10 for each; strudels, $10 for each. The soup “To-Go” menu includes: chicken noodle; creamy potato; chili and beans; harvest soup. Pints are $4 and quarts are $7.
Attendees are asked to remain in their vehicle for COVID-compliant safe service.
Info: Pre-order by Oct. 28, call or text 724-301-8112.
• The Shenango Valley Urban League, along with Do Good. Period. is hosting a free period product giveaway. The event will take place from noon to 2 p.m. on today at the parking lot of the Shenango Valley Urban League, located at 601 Indiana Ave. in Farrell. Please go to the back of the building.
• United Steelworkers Local 1016 will be holding a spaghetti dinner and Chinese auction from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 24 at the Farrell VFW (1233 Idaho Street Farrell, PA 16121). $5 for all you can eat and $5 for 25 tickets for the Chinese auction. Additional tickets and take out available. Proceeds to benefit the USW Local 1016 Strike & Defense Fund that helps striking members with financial assistance.
For more information call the USW Union Hall at (724) 346-1212 or email USWLocal1016@gmail.com.
• Mercer County Democratic Party will be hosting a Biden Yard Sign and Voting Information event from Noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday at 2370 E. State St., Hermitage (across from Arby’s).
For additional information, call 724-201-1709.