THINGS TO DO
• Due to the coronavirus situation, the Farrell High School Class of 1959 is canceling the lunch on Oct. 13.
• Tri-County Country Music Association has canceled its Oct. 13 meeting and tureen until further notice due to COVID-19.
• Central Christian Church, 218 Meadowbrook Rd., Hermitage, is holding a Bible decomissioning service at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 24. This event is designed to reverently and respectfully dispose of old/unusable Bibles. Unable to attend? A plastic bin is available outside the south entrance to receive your items 24/7.
Social distancing and masks are required for the service.
Info: Call 724-347-1703.
• The Mercer County Democratic Party will be providing Biden information and voter updates from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday ay 2370 E. State St., Hermitage (across from Arby’s).
Info: Call 724-201-1709.
• Trump Victory presents Women for Trump Bus featuring Lara Trump at 3:15 today at Mercer County Republican Headquarters.
• Unity Presbyterian Women have extended their indoor yard sale to Saturday. There are many good items still available. Most items are donation only and others are reasonably priced. Proceeds go for mission projects. Masks and social distancing are required.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Rd., Hermitage, is holding a drive-thru Serb Fest on Nov. 1. Pick up begins at 1 p.m.
Menu (à la carte) includes: Sarma (stuffed cabbage roll), $3 per roll; evapi platter (Serbian sausages), $7; Serbian potato salad, $3; Serbian garden salad, $3; Plain Pogacha $5; Garlic Pogacha, $6; Palainka (Serbian crepes), $3. The homemade “Take and Bake” menu includes: Spinach burek, $10 for each; meat burek, $10 for each; strudels, $10 for each.
Attendees are asked to remain in their vehicle for COVID-compliant safe service.
Info: Pre-order by Oct. 28, call or text 724-301-8112.
• Sharon First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., Sharon, is having a ham loaf dinner, curbside pickup only, from 4 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 17. Cost is $10 and includes ham loaf, potatoes, vegetable, applesauce and dessert.
Call the church office at 724-983-0200 to pre-order, leaving a message with name and number of dinners requested. Pre-orders not required and drive-ins welcome.
• Farrell Croatian Home is having an all you can eat lamb and chicken roast from 4 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 24.
For presale, call 724-346-5053 by Oct. 20.
• Gentle Shepherd Church of the Nazarene, 3480 Shenango Valley Freeway, Hermitage, is holding a free community spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 30. Drive-thru take out only, limited to one dinner per person in each vehicle.
For information, call 724 342-7729.
• Twin City Elks is having a fish and chicken dinner at noon until gone on Friday.
For orders, call 724-704-1916.
• The Mercer Salvation Army is currently accepting applications for Winter Bundle Up Program for clothing. Criteria is income-based, ages 0-14, live in 16137 zip code and did not participate in last year’s program.
Contact 724-893-6031. Applications are being done by telephone. Deadline to apply is Oct. 23.