THINGS TO DO
• A braised steak dinner will be held from 5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at Fredonia Presbyterian Church on Water Street.
The event is drive-thru/to-go only and will be first come, first served. No ticket pre-sales will be available. Donation cost is $10. Info: Call 724-475-2189
• A fall bazaar and rummage sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 2 at Coolspring Presbyterian Church, 787 Coolspring Church Road, Coolspring Township.
A free-will donation will be accepted; proceeds benefit missions.
• Hickory United Methodist women will hold a Good Used Clothing and Misc. sale at the church, 240 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, next to Shenango Valley Mall.
The sale will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Sept. 30, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 1, and from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 2.
Bags are $1 each on Oct. 2. Face masks are required.
• St. Anthony of Padua, 804 Idaho St., Sharon, hosts a take-out palacinke sale from 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 21. Place orders by Oct. 14 by calling 724-342-7391 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Cost is $3, and all orders will be boxed. Face masks must be worn and social distancing observed at time of pickup.
• The Stoneboro Celebration Committee has scheduled a planning meeting to discuss the 2022 celebration. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 20 at Stoneboro Memorial Park.
Anyone interested in helping with the planning of the celebration is encouraged to attend.
• The West Middlesex High School Class of 1959 will meet for lunch at 1 p.m. Sept. 21 the Middlesex Diner.
All classmates, spouses and friends are welcome.
• Hickory High School Class of 1958 will meet at Middlesex Diner at 5 p.m. Sept. 21.
Spouses and others welcome. Info: Contact Donna at 724.342.0035 or email@example.com.
• Hickory High School Class of 1960 will meet for lunch at noon on Saturday at Muscarella’s, 500 W. Main St., Sharpsville.
• Hickory High School Class of 1956 will meet 8:30 am Tuesday at Middlesex diner.
• The Hubbard American Legion Post 51 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 23 in the social hall of the First Presbyterian Church at 22 Westview Ave., Hubbard.
Parking to access the social hall is at the lower level parking lot of the church. Refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting.
Commander Raica invites and encourages all members to attend.
• The Farrell Croatian Club, 412 Staunton St., hosts Muddy Cadillac from 8 to 11 p.m. Sept. 18. The kitchen will be open.
• Stoneboro Volunteer Fire Company hosts its Annual Fall Gun Raffle on Sept. 25. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the main drawing will be held at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20, which includes dinner, drinks and the main raffle, which will be for 20 guns. There will also be many side raffles.
Ticket buyers must be 18, or 21 to consume alcohol. Tickets will be available at the door or they can be purchased from any member in advance.
The winner does not need to be present to win.
• Jamestown’s recycling will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Jamestown Lion’s Club Community Center behind the high school.
Recycling will be on the third Saturday of each month unless otherwise noted. Please note: No dumping is allowed before posted hours.
• The 475th Quartermaster Group invites all military veterans and their families who served in Operation Desert Shield or Operation Desert Storm to a 30th Anniversary Reunion. Military veterans from other wars and conflicts are also invited to attend.
There will be a brief military ceremony and a catered buffet meal (cost is $11 per meal). The Elks will have the bar open for anyone that would like to purchase beer, wine, or mixed drinks.
Reservations must be made no later than Saturday. Provide your name, military unit, branch of service and the names of anyone else attending with you. This information is needed for the name tags that will be made for each person.
Info: Make checks for the buffet meal ($11 per person) out to “Larry Scheetz” and send them to the address below. A receipt will be emailed if an email address is provided with the payment.
• An all-class reunion for Saint Michael High School will be held on July 30, 2022, at the Greenville Knights of Columbus.
The reservation deadline is Sept. 30; information was mailed to alumni in July. Info: Call Mary Jo Lipani, alumni committee chairperson, at 724-588-7134.
• State Rep. Tim Bonner, R-8, Pine Township, hosts a breakfast for senior citizens from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Sept. 30 at the Unionville Fire Hall, 102 Mahood Road, Butler. Residents of the 8th District, which covers parts of Butler and Mercer counties, are invited.
Attendees will learn more about nursing home financial planning, property tax/rent rebate program, unclaimed property, discount vehicle registration and other programs and services for seniors.
Reservations are required by calling Bonner’s office at 724-458-4911 by Sept. 23.
• Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville will present County Mayo: Half Way to St. Patty’s Day at 7 p.m. Friday at 40 below, 40 S. Irvine Ave., Sharon.
Admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.actsharpsville.org or at the door.