Things to do
• Penn Power retirees meet at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 10 at Eat 'n Park, Hermitage.
Spouses are welcome and any new retirees.
• Farrell High School class of 1959 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 10 at Bob Evans Restaurant in Hermitage.
Spouses and guests are welcome.
• Hickory High School class of 1947 meets at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 10 at Eat 'n Park, Hermitage.
Spouses and friends are welcome.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Denny's, Hermitage.
Spouses and friends welcome.
Info: Beverly Chlpka, 724-962-4806.
• Hickory High School class of 1954 meets at 1 p.m. Monday at Eat 'n Park, Hermitage.
All classmates, spouses and friends welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
All classmates and spouses welcome.
• Sharon Regional School of Nursing Alumni and Friends annual luncheon will be Sept. 14 at Tara, A Country Inn, in Clark. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and the table-side buffet will be served at noon. Cost is $23.
Class of 1969 will be honored.
Reservations: Rosiale Palmer at 724-528-3277.
• Mercer County Conservation District and Munnell Run Farm Foundation Inc., are hosting a Fall Fest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 5 on the Munnell Run Farm grounds to expose the community to the diverse culture around in the area. The district is looking for any individuals, churches, groups, clubs, and businesses that would like to display their special talents, products, or, demonstrations. Products may also be sold at the event. Sponsorships are also available.
Please email: email@example.com or call us 724-662-2242 for more information.
The goal is to showcase the educational programs offered to children, adults and groups. Proceeds from the event, along with support, will help complete the goal for a pavilion and expanded education center.
• Join Munnell Run Farm, in conjunction with guest artisan owner of Outland Studios, Brandon Cowie to celebrate fall. Three different classes will be held in the upcoming months. The projects, dates, and times are listed below. (Please visit our webpage at munnellrunfarm.org to see the examples). The fee for the classes are $30/ class; all materials provided. These programs will be held at Munnell Run Farm, 753 Greenville Road, Mercer, in the Munnell Run Farm Education Building. Please pre-register by the Friday before by calling 724- 662-2242.
» "Horse on Barnwood," 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 16.
» "Circular Sunflower Welcome Sign," 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 28.
» "Pumpkin and Crow Painting," 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 14.
• Hickory United Methodist Church, Hermitage, will have their annual trash and treasure sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Individuals will have their own merchandise for sale. Tables are $5 plus 10 percent of profits.
There will also be a bake sale.
Forms for a table may be obtained from the church office 724-981-9450.