• Church of God of Prophecy, Leesburg, will hold a braised steak dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Directions: one mile east of Leesburg on Route 208.
• The Ladies Auxiliary of Wilbur Rhodes Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6345 will hold its second annual Pie in the Eye beginning at noon Saturday at the VFW, South Erie Street, Mercer.
Come throw a pie at your favorite victim: $1 a pie or $5 a push. Mayor Steve Vanwort, noon; Sheriff Bill Romine, 12:20 p.m.; Police Chief Dave Faulker, 12:40 p.m; Controller Tom Admundsen 1 p.m.; Judge Thomas Dobson, 1:20 p.m.; Commissioner Brian Beader, 1:40 p.m.; Veterans Affairs’ Gary Solander, 2 p.m.; post Commander Doug Updyke, 2:20 p.m.; District 28 Commander Tom Hanzes, 2:40 p.m.; Commander Jim Bailey, 3 p.m.; L.A. District President Julia Dever, 3:20 p.m.; Elks’ Dick Edwards, 3:40 p.m.; Co. Commander Leonard Franklin, 4 p.m.; L.A. President Janet Updyke, 4:20 p.m.; SV Comm. Larry Houston, 4:40 p.m.; Manager Jim Weaver, 5 p.m., plus many other community guests.
Info: Vicky Montgomery, 724-662-5735.
• Sharon Regional Health System will conduct Health Care Provider CPR classes Friday at 9 a.m. for new participants and 1:30 p.m. for recerfitication in the E.J. O’Meara Health Education Building, 740 E. State St., Sharon.
There is a $35 fee for new participants and a $20 fee for recertifications.
Registration: 724-983-5518 or 1-800-346-7997.
• The Cookery, Route 18, Hermitage, will be the site of the following meetings:
– Hermitage Retiree Teachers, 7:30 a.m. Monday.
– Pat Ague Group, 11 a.m. Monday.
– Sharpsville Retiree Teachers, 11:30 a.m. Monday.
– Shenango Valley Chiropractor, 7 a.m. Tuesday.
– Sharon Steel “44” and “60” Blooming Mill, 9 a.m. Tuesday.
– Verona Railroaders, 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
– MCAR Cheryl Myers, 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
– National Fuel Retirees, 9 a.m. Wednesday.
– West Middlesex Retirees, 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
– Else Johanson Group, 5 p.m. Wednesday.
– Sharon Kiwanis, 7:30 Thursday.
– Covenant Presbyterian Church Golfers, 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
– Notre Dame Bridge Club, 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
– Sharon High School class of 1937, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
– Mark Goral Family Group, 6 p.m. Friday.
• Farrell High School class of 1949 will gather for breakfast at 9:30 Wednesday at Denny’s Restaurant, East State Street, Hermitage.
• Sharon Steel Retirees will meet at noon Thursday at Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars, Walnut Street.
• Sawhill Retirees will gather at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the American Legion, East State Street, Sharon.
• Smart Moves, sponsored by Mercer County Family Center, will be held Thursday and Friday. The theme is “Cinco de Mayo” and parents and children 2 to 5 years old are invited to join this fun educational program with fingerplays, storytime, action rhymes, music and movement.
The program will be offered at three locations:
– UPMC Horizon Race Street Medical Office Building, 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday.
– Sharon Family Center, Case Avenue Elementary School, 10 to 11 a.m. Friday.
– Stey-Nevant Library, Roemer Boulevard, Farrell, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Info: Donna Stamoolis, 724-509-1354; Lori Marley, 724-983-1118; or Tracey Warner, 724-588-2404.
• Friends of the Mercer Area Library will hold a spring library lunch May 10. Eat in or take out between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Menu is turkey and provolone on a kaiser roll, pasta salad and a birthday dessert.
Cost is $5. Reservations: 724-662-4233 by Friday.
The event continues the celebration of the library’s 90th birthday.
• Parents and family members of the Mentally Challenged/Developmentally Delayed Individuals in Mercer County are invited to a support group meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday at Panera Bread, 2390 E. State St., Hermitage.
This meeting is limited to immediate family members.
- Department of Health reports second COVID-19 case in Mercer County
- UPDATE: Health Department announces Mercer County's first COVID-19 case
- Mercer County reports fourth COVID-19 case
- Sharpsville student treated for COVID-19
- Mercer County gets second COVID case
- Pgh. man sought in Sharon shooting
- Sharon grad recalled from Italian studies
- Trumbull County reports two more COVID-19 cases
- What's cookin'?
- Winery, brewery now making and donating hand sanitizer during crisis
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Michael S., 80, West Middlesex. A private family service will be held at Church of the Good Shepherd in West Middlesex. To view a livestream of the service, visit Don Murcko's Facebook page on or after 11 a.m. Tuesday (3-31-20). Arrangement have been entrusted to SMITH FUNERAL HOME, West Middlesex.
Harry F. Sr., 87, Sharon. Due to the COVID-19 virus all services are private. Friends may sign guest book at www.flynnfuneralhome.com Burial: America's Cemetery, Hermitage. Arrangements by JOHN FLYNN FUNERAL HOME and CREMATORY Inc., Hermitage.