* Mysteries and Paranormal Society will meet at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Sharon Municipal Building. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. “Who is buried in your back yard?” will be presented by Toni Sheehan. Learn about Toni’s wealth of genealogy knowledge and a few ghost stories. Admission is $5 Details: Pathlstakn@aol.com or call 724-962-7284. Get tickets to the October paranormal convention at www.mysteriesandparanormalconvention.com
* The Men of God Association is sponsoring a “Back to School Block Party” from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at Veterans Square in Farrell.
ä A car and truck show will be noon to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Sharpsville Plaza. D.J. Crazy Dave will entertain. Cash prizes, no trophies. There will also be a 50/50 raffle and a Chinese auction. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Info: 724-813-5229.
ä Farrell Family Center monthly family meeting “Glitz, Glamour & Dudes” fashion show will be 11 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Stey-Nevant Public Library, 1000 Roemer Blvd., Farrell. Info: 724-588-2404.
* UPMC Horizon offers:
• Diabetes Support Group, 7 p.m. Monday, hospital in Greenville.
• Empty Arms Support Group, 7 p.m. Monday, Womancare Center of UPMC Horizon, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• Silver & Fit, 1 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, UPMC Horizon Wellness Center, 26 Conneaut Lake Road, Greenville. Registration: 724-588-3001.
• Cancer Support Group, 1 p.m. Tuesday, hospital in Greenville.
• Diabetes Support Group, 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, hospital in Farrell.
• Birth Place tour, 5 p.m. Tuesday, hospital in Farrell. Registration: 724-347-4780.
• Weight Loss Surgery Support Group, 7 p.m. Tuesday, hospital in Greenville.
• Family and Friends Pediatric CPR, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Womancare Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage. Registration: 724-347-4780.
• Meditation Class, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Womancare Center of UPMC Horizon, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage. Registration: 724-347-7700.
• Lupus Support Group, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Womancare Center of UPMC Horizon, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• Free bariatric surgery information session with Dr. James J. Kolenich, 1 p.m. Friday, hospital in Greenville.
• Flu vaccine clinic, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Greenville Medical Center–UPMC, 90 Shenango St., Greenville. Appointments: 724-588-4240. (For Greenville Medical Center patients only)
• Yellow Ribbon Support Group, 10 a.m. Saturday, hospital in Farrell.
* The Hermitage Kiwanis will hold its annual Peanut Days fundraiser on Friday and Saturday at Wal-Mart in Hermitage from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. They will be at D’Onofrio’s from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 17 and 18. Free packages of peanuts are available to all who stop by.
* Animal Advocacy Mercer and Crawford counties will be holding a bake sale from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at Pet Supplies Plus in Hermitage. There will also be raffle tickets available for the Sept. 18 50/50 drawing.
* A car wash and bake sale will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Community Counseling Center, 2201 E. State St. All proceeds benefit the American Heart Association.
* The monthly CART (County Animal Response Team) will meet at 2 p.m. Sunday at the 911 Center, 205 S. Erie St., Mercer. Anyone interested in becoming involved in an organization established to aid animals in the event of a disaster in Mercer County is welcome to attend. Info: Carole Magargee at 724-456-0849.
* Hermitage Woman’s Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. Monday in the parlor of Hickory United Methodist Church, Hermitage. Attendance is urged; a business meeting will be held.
* Mercer County Chapter Parents of Murdered Children, Inc., for families and friends of those who have died by violence, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at UPMC Horizon, 2200 Memorial Blvd., Farrell. The group meets the second Saturday of each month. Info: 724-877-1552 or 724-877-3130.
* The American Red Cross in Mercer County will host an instructors training class Sept. 23-25 in the Sharpsville office. The class includes all materials for the instructing Layresponder CPR/AED and First Aid. All participants must be currently certified in adult, infant and child CPR/AED and First Aid. If your certification has expired you will need to sign up for a community class prior to the instructors training course. Registration: 724-962-9180.
* Free fun nights with the Shenango Valley Sashayers will be 7:30 to 9 p.m. Monday and Sept. 20 at the Salvation Army Hall, 660 Fisher Hill St., Sharon. Come join an evening of fun as you are introduced to modern western square dancing. Couples and singles are welcome. Dress casual.
Info: Lynn, 724-815-6255; Marlene, 330-534-5877 or John, 330-534-4074.
* Penn Power retirees will be traveling to The Meadows Race Track and Casino Oct. 13. The bus will leave at 9:30 a.m. from the K-Mart parking lot in Hermitage. Cost is $23 with a bonus of $15 in free play. The trip is open to the public. Details: Diane Hewitt, 724-981-0457.
* Shenango Valley Senior Community Center is sponsoring a bus trip to Meadows Casino on Sept. 28. Depart at 9:30 a.m. from Reyer’s parking lot in Sharon and return at about 5:45 p.m. Cost is $25 and you receive $15 in slot play. Participants must be at least 50 years old. Seat reserved when payment is made. No exceptions. Info: 724-981-7950.