VETERANS DAY EVENTS
• Greenville High School invites veterans of military service to the Veterans Day Assembly program scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Monday in the high school auditorium. Veterans will be acknowledged during the program and should arrive at the high school by 8:15 a.m.
The program has been organized to honor local veterans and offer students an opportunity to gain further awareness of the sacrifices and contributions these individuals have made to the country.
Participants in the program will include all of the students in grades 7-12, the high school choir, band, speakers and invited guests.
• Eureka Lodge 290 Free and Accepted Masons in Greenville for the fifth year will recognize local veterans for their sacrifice in protecting freedom and their service to the country. The event will be on Saturday at the Greenville VFW Post 3374, 54 Conneaut Lake Road, Greenville. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m.
The dinner is no charge for the veterans and their guest. All veterans and one guest each are invited.
After the dinner, a program on responding to an active shooter/attacker will be presented.
The Greenville Masonic Lodge 290 will serve the first 150 people. Pre-registration can be made by signing up at the Greenville VFW, the Greenville American Legion, and the Greenville Moose Lodge.
• Sharon High School invites veterans and their spouses to its 2019 Veterans Day reception and assembly from 1:45 to 2:20 p.m. Monday in the high school cafeteria. There will be a light lunch and desserts, followed by an assembly from 2:20 to 2:50 p.m. to honor veteran guests.
Reservations: Call 724-983-4030, ext. 1018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and please leave veteran’s name, branch and dates of service.
• Hickory High School National Honor Society invites veterans and their families to a Veterans Day appreciation lunch at 11 a.m. Nov. 13 at the high school.
Send picture of veteran via email to email@example.com or a copy of picture to NHS Hickory High School, 640 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage PA 16148.
Reservations, call Mrs. Hoffman at 724-981-8750, ext. 1200 by today.
• Westminster College’s Office of Faith and Spirituality will host a Veterans Day program at 2 p.m. Monday at the flagpole on the Westminster campus quad.
The brief program will celebrate and honor military veterans who served the United States.
The program is free and open to the public. Veterans are especially invited to attend. In the case of inclement weather, the program will be held in the Wallace Memorial Chapel.
Information, contact Diane Gabriel in the Office of Faith and Spirituality at 724-946-7117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Veterans Day parade will form at 6 p.m. Monday and moves at 7 p.m.
To participate, call Brad Greenawalt, 724-566-1933 or Larry Hawthorne, 724-699-2521.