Francis Robert (Fran) Maselli passed away on Monday May 22, 2020, in Westerville, Ohio. Fran was born on July 26, 1942, in Sharon to Frank and Esther Maselli. He was the middle son of 3 children, older brother Donald J. Maselli (deceased 2001) and younger brother James Jiggs Maselli. Fran gr…
The latest from Harrisburg
- County to receive CARES funding
- City officials look to support businesses
- Penney's reopens its doors
- Donation boxes popping up in valley
- Wolf issues more guidelines for green, yellow phases
- Farms could get help to recoup revenue
- Town salutes its vets with a quiet ceremony
- New group makes, donates PPE
- Marijuana dispensary helps fund food banks
- Farrell spike drives county increase in virus cases
- Jefferson Township Fair still up in the air
- Mercer mom organizes caravan for seniors
- Preliminary Sharon school budget OK’d
- ROUNDUP: ‘Light up the Sky’ event canceled
- State IDs nursing homes hit by virus
- Hundreds turn out for food distribution in Hermitage
- DC mayor: We have to be concerned about virus rebound
- American virus deaths at 100,000: What does a number mean?
- NY Stock Exchange reopens as US closes in on 100,000 dead
- Smaller observances order of the day nationally
- Nations reopen yet struggle to define 'a new normal'
- Automakers help restart US industry as globe reopens further
- 'Putting yourself at risk:' Governor discourages beach-going
- SBA leaves businesses still hoping for more leeway on loans
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- WHO bows to calls from countries for independent virus probe
Schedule adjustments related to COVID-19
* If your business or organization has a schedule adjustment related to COVID-19, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Free tax-preparation services offered by the AARP tax-preparation program (as featured in The Herald March 14) are suspended until further notice.
• The Apollo Maennerchor Club is closed for two weeks, effective March 16.
• Mercer County Area Agency on Aging has temporarily canceled all senior center programming, including meals, effective March 17.
• Face-to-face classes at all BC3 locations will be suspended next week and transition to remote instruction starting March 23 through the end of the spring semester.
• CareerLink Mercer County has canceled its March 25 job fair at the Farrell VFW, and and its Employer Advisory council meeting scheduled for April 1.
• Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County has postponed its Empty Bowls event scheduled for April 9.
• Compassionate Friends of Penn/Ohio canceled its March 31 meeting at McGonigle Ambulance Community Room.
• Daffin's Candies' Swizzle Stick Day scheduled for March 29 has been canceled.
• Donna's Diner will be closed until further notice.
• Bishop Lawrence T. Persico, of the Erie Catholic Diocese, has suspended Sunday Mass until further notice.
• Women of Sharon First United Methodist Church canceled its ham loaf dinner for March 28.
• The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission has canceled all education programs and events through April 4.
• The Greenville boys soccer fundraiser has been postponed until fall.
• The Greenville (borough) municipal building has been closed to the public until further notice.
• The Hermitage (city) bus trip scheduled for March 24 has been canceled. The Parks Department will be calling and issuing refunds to anyone who previously registered.
• Hermitage (city) has canceled all meetings and events except for the regularly scheduled city commissioners’ meetings. The city has also suspended recycling at the street department indefinitely; suspended inspections of occupied rental properties by fire department personnel indefinitely; ended the issuance of transient business licenses until further notice.
• The Mercer County Historical Society has canceled the History in the Making and Civil War roundtables until further notice.
• The West Middlesex Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 11 has been canceled.
• Lakeview High School has postponed its production of "Newsies."
• The two remaining programs, scheduled for March 14 and 21, sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Mercer County's celebration of the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment have been canceled.
• The Community Library of the Shenango Valley, Stey-Nevant Library, Grove City Community Library and Greenville Area Public Library will all be closed until at least March 31.
• The state Liquor Control Board ordered all of its stores closed, effective March 17.
• State Rep. Mark Longietti, D-Mercer, announced he is temporarily closing his Hermitage district office and Greenville satellite office.
• Lulu Beans is closed until further notice beginning March 18.
• Mercer County Regional Council of Governments will restrict access and not be accepting foot traffic at all offices effective March 23rd. Transportation operations will continue at reduced service levels.
• NWPA Registered Apprenticeship Network Employer and Training Provider meetings have been canceled.
• PennDOT announced Tuesday that it would suspend all non-emergency projects, including construction of the roundabout in Hermitage, indefinitely.
• Penn State Shenango's annual Earth Fest event and K-6 Upcycled Art Contest have been canceled and will not be rescheduled for this year.
• The Pennsylvania Department of Education canceled all PSSA testing and Keystone exams for the 2019-20 school year.
• Mercer County poll worker training has been postponed until May 27-29.
• Prince of Peace in Farrell has closed the building to foot traffic and canceled Life Skills and AWESOME classes. Soup kitchen meals will maintain a regular schedule but all meals will be serve to-go. Food pantry distribution will take place as scheduled on March 26. Bags may only be picked up at the Bond Street doors and 10 people at a time will be served.
• Save-A-Lot in Sharon has designated a special shopping hour from 7 to 8 a.m. exclusively for seniors, the handicapped, pregnant women, and people with compromised immune systems.
• The Second Missionary Baptist Church of Farrell is canceling the 9th Pastoral Anniversary Celebration Afternoon Worship Service that was scheduled for March 22.
• Sharon (city) has closed all departments to the public. Payments will continue to be collected and recorded through the mail and the drop-box located at the city building. City staff members are still available by phone.
• The Sharon (city) Redevelopment Authority and Sharon Industrial Development Authority meetings scheduled for March 17 have been canceled.
• Shenango River Lake has closed all campsites, shelters, pavillions, picnic areas, rest rooms, park offices, fishing piers and playgrounds. Visitors are still free to walk, drive and cycle through the park.
• The Strimbu Memorial Fund board has cenceled is annual BBQ scheduled for May 6. The fund will still award leadership college scholarships to local seniors as it has done at previous BBQs.
• Men's Day at Valley Baptist Church has been canceled.
• The Valley Baptist Church will still have their Easter Pantry from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 24. All registered members are to use the Memorial Drive (side) entrance into the parking lot facing the rear of the church and follow the instructions of the lot attendant. Please have photo ID available. If you are in need of emergency food baskets please contact the church at 724 347-1045 and leave your name and telephone number a pantry member will return your call.
• Villa Maria Education and Spirituality Center has canceled all programs through April 12.
• The WaterFire Sharon Volunteer Thank You Dinner has been postponed.
• West Middlesex (city) has closed its municipal building to the public.
• Westminster College is moving all its classes online for the rest of the semester. Employees are to work remotely for the next two weeks, effective March 18.
• Younstown State University has postponed its commencement ceremony scheduled for May 9.
• All Pennsylvania school districts are closed for two weeks, effective March 16.
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Farrell homicide
- Local nurse lands in pandemic hot spot
- Officials urge Wolf to send Mercer County to green
- Woman killed in Farrell
- Man gets 17 to 80 years in fatal arson
- Farrell spike drives county increase in virus cases
- Teen, 16, dies after jumping off cliff at Pennsylvania dam
- Penney's reopens its doors
- New Corps of Engineers resource manager takes over this week
- Police say woman kept in freezer in benefit check theft scam
Francis Robert (Fran), of Westerville, Ohio. Calling hours: 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday (5-31-20) at MORELAND FUNERAL HOME, 55 E. Schrock Road, Westerville, Ohio. Service: Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. Monday (6-1-20) St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, 313 N. State St., Westerville. Buria…
Catherine Taylor, 85, of Hermitage. Viewing: 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday (6-2-20) at Second Baptist Church, Sharpsville. Funeral service: 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church. Arrangements by WASHINGTON FUNERAL HOME, 1059 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.