On this week’s Tipoff Basketball Show, Poniewasz and Kelly talk about athlete of the week Isaiah Boice, the freshman phenom for New Castle, and give another update on the playoffs with just under two weeks left in the season. “I’ve had some great athletes come through my ninth-grade team,” Kelly said, noting he’s coached all-state players like Marquel Hooker, Marcus Hooker and Geno Stone as freshmen. “Isaiah Boice is as good as any of those guys. What he’s doing doesn’t surprise me.” Boice scored 14 and 15 points in wins last week against Blackhawk and Ambridge, respectively. “One time last year during halftime of our game, I called Ralph (Blundo) up on the phone and said, ‘Isaiah Boice is too good to be playing ninth-grade basketball. He should be playing with you,’ “ Kelly said.
- Two people injured in car accident
- Laughter, tears and taking life one day at a time
- State might merge 6 Pennsylvania universities into 2
- Teen's movie outing has unhappy ending
- Farrell seeks grocery store for new plaza
- Deputies serving more warrants
- Courts from Oct. 16, 2020
- Wireless broadband to arrive in rural Mercer County
- Sharon fire blamed on cigarette smoking
- Police news from Oct. 15, 2020
James Randi, a magician who later challenged spoon benders, mind readers and faith healers with such voracity that he became regarded as the country’s foremost skeptic, has died, his foundation announced. He was 92.
Guy L., 64, of Greenville. Visitation: 4 to 7 p.m. Friday (10-23-20) and 10 to 10:45 a.m. Saturday (10-24-20) at OSBORNE-WILLIAMS FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATION SERVICES, INC., 73-75 Columbia Ave., Greenville. Funeral service: 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Rev. Gary Miekle of Hartfo…