• A phone charger and change were stolen between 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. Thursday from a vehicle in the 600 block of Ridgeway Avenue, police said.
• A purse stolen about July 4 from a vehicle in the 300 block of East Main Street was recovered Wednesday at an undisclosed location with cash missing from it, police said.
• Fire chased a family from their 415 Delaware St. home at about 7:40 p.m. Monday.
The fire began behind the electrical service box in the basement and burned up the outside wall into a second-floor bedroom, fire Chief Terry Whalen said.
Lydell Harrison, Gloria Emettee and their three children got out of the house safely as soon as they smelled smoke. The tenants didn’t have insurance but landlord Randy Maybee had insurance on the house, Whalen said.
Fire damage left the house uninhabitable. American Red Cross assisted the family with temporary housing, he said.
• Fire alarms sounded just after 5 p.m. Monday at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 263 E. State St., when a light ballast overheated in the attic, filling it with smoke, firefighters said.
Members of a youth group walked out of the church and firefighters disconnected the malfunctioning light and reset the alarm, firefighters said.
SW Mercer County Regional
• Ed J. Odem Jr., 64, of 712 S. Stateline Road, Masury, has been charged with burglary, criminal trespassing, possessing instruments of crime, theft and criminal mischief for cutting a hole in a fence and stealing seven car batteries Oct. 14 from PM Kalco Inc., 40 Council Ave., Wheatland, police said.
• Two people were injured when the car they were in hit a guardrail, an embankment and a tree at 2:30 p.m. Monday on Jackson Center-Polk Road, east of Bradley Road, in Worth Township.
Kimberly A. Hurst, 46, of Mercer, and Charles W. Spencer, 63, of Grove City, were treated at Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township. They were not wearing seatbelts, police said.
Hurst was driving westbound when the car went off the road, police said. She has been charged with careless driving, a lane violation, driving under suspension and driving without a seat belt.