quinby fire

Fire Sunday night compelled a 79-year-old man and his dog to leave their second-floor home in this Sharon duplex.

Smoke rose above the south Sharon hillside Sunday night when the vacant first floor of a two-story Quinby Street duplex caught fire.

It came from the rear of the house at 390 Quinby, where a fire started shortly before 10 p.m.

Joseph Moss, who said he is almost 80, was upstairs at the time.

He said neither he, nor his dog heard anything before smoke “started coming up” from below.

Moss has lived there six years and said he had renter’s insurance. His brother Jacob, of West Middlesex, owns the house, Moss said.

The first floor had been vacant about a month, he said.

There was a lot of smoke, but no visible flames, as firefighters worked on the house.

Tags

Recommended for you