SOUTH PYMATUNING TOWNSHIP – Two men are heroes in South Pymatuning Township after rescuing a resident from a house fire Sunday night.
South Py police Officer Tim Covert and firefighter Lt. Gerald Hinkle entered the burning house and were able to rescue the homeowner, William Rombolt, who suffered from smoke inhalation, police Chief Paul Ferm said.
Rombolt was taken to Sharon Regional Medical Center treated for smoke inhalation. Ferm didn’t know if he has been released yet, Ferm said.
The fire came in as an alarm at 9:53 p.m. at 4004 Wynwood Drive, the chief said.
The smoke and water damage to the home was fairly extensive, but the fire was contained to the living room and bathroom areas.
Fire Chief Andy Bush believes the fire was accidental, caused by a faulty outside light, but he is waiting on the state police fire marshal to confirm that opinion.
Rombolt had a couple dogs, the chief said, who were secured outside and are being taken care of now.
Ferm believes the electricity in the house has been turned off and that the house is unlivable for now.
Covert and Hinkle will be recognized at a later time, Ferm said.
Firefighters from Hermitage, Sharpsville, Clark, Transfer, Sharon, Patagonia, Jefferson Township and Mercer East End assisted.
Follow Melissa Klaric on Twitter and Facebook @HeraldKlaric, email: firstname.lastname@example.org