• Joshua F. Roberts, 41, of Meadville, was charged with possession with intent, assault, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, driving under the influence and harassment after an incident at 6:45 p.m. June 23 at French Street and Hamilton Avenue. Police found eight small bags of suspected methampetamine, hydrocodone pills, $3,000 cash and two cell phones, one of which was receiving text messages in relation to illegal narcotic sales.
Grove City police
• A 16-year-old juvenile was charged with theft after police said he stole a borough stop sign and two street signs in December from the intersection of College and Elm streets.
• Scott Francis William Martin, 29, of 1149 Franklin Road, Jackson Center, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on June 15 in the 800 block of Superior Street after a traffic stop.
• Police received a report of an online theft June 13 that happened in the 800 block of Stewart Avenue. The victim received a message on her home computer that downloaded a virus. In the message was a phone number and instructions to call the number to have the virus removed. The victim then called the number and spoke with a male who identified himself as Ray Sherman from Microsoft. The unknown male then directed the victim to purchase over $1,000 in Google Play cards to get the virus removed from her computer. The victim then gave the security codes of the Google Play gift cards to him over the phone. This scam is one of many types. Police are cautioning residents to never provide any personal account information over the phone and to not be convinced or drawn into purchasing gift cards or any other type of cards that have to be sent to unknown people.
• Todd Johnson, 33, of Polk, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 3:53 p.m. June 13 on North Broad Street.
Hempfield Township police
• A woman suffered minor to moderate injuries due to a car crash at 11 a.m. June 11 at Mercer and Wasser Bridge roads. A truck driven by a 64-year-old Clairton man was headed north on Mercer Road and attempted a left turn, failing to yield the right of way to a car that was coming in the opposite direction and hit it, police said. A passenger from the car was transported to a local hospital along with the driver.
• Kristopher Laaks, 37, of Quarry Road, Greenville, was charged with unsworn falsification for trying to buy six firearms around 2 p.m. May 10 from a local business. He lied on a federal form application, police said.
• Francis Brian Callahan, 61, was charged with bad checks for writing checks worth $545 around June 4 to Donofrio’s Food Center, 1749 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
• Dylan J. Boles, 19, of 707 Syme St., Masury, Ohio, was charged with theft June 18 for allegedly taking $500 worth of jewelry from a relative at around 11:48 a.m. May 8, police said. Police found the jewelry at an Ohio pawn shop.
• Clifton Charles McNair, 22, of 1375 Bolde Drive, Apartment 2B, Hermitage, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and resisting arrest after he allegedly left his twin 14-month-old daughters unsupervised for an undetermined amount of time and used them as a shield to prevent officers from arresting him, police said.
• Da’Quan Q. Baylor, 22, of 1068 Stambaugh Ave., Sharon, was charged with terroristic threats and assault during a fight at 11:50 p.m. June 17 in the 1000 block of Stambaugh Avenue, where he threatened to shoot a woman in the head while holding a pistol, police said.
• Ronald Jason French, 43, of 317 Malleable St., Sharon, was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct after he was yelling aggressively toward his neighbor across the street and disregarding officers’ commands when asked to stand up and place his hands behind his back, police said.
• Justice W. Scoons, 27, of 1042 W. Ridge Avenue, was charged with terroristic threats, harassment and disorderly conduct for threatening to kill a woman and her children at 11:05 p.m. June 18 at home, police said.
• Triston Galarza, 21, Slippery Rock, was charged with strangulation after a domestic incident at 6:06 a.m. June 18 on Airport Road and Liberty Street where it was determined that he was involved in a physical fight, police said. He was taken to Mercer County Jail.
DRIVING UNDER THEINFLUENCE ARRESTS
Grove City police
• John Spence, 55, of 303 W. Poplar St, Grove City, at 6:45 p.m. June 14 on Elm Street.
Hempfield Township police
• William Brenot, 35, of 9000 Leach Road, Meadville, at 5 p.m. May 10 in the 200 block of Leech Road, Sugar Grove Township, after an accident. Brenot was traveling in a truck on Leech Road when he lost control and hit two telephone poles, rolling the vehicle into a fence, police said. He was taken to an Erie hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
• Joshua Alan Baker, 22, of 145 Elm St., Sharon, for a controlled substance, at 6:07 p.m. June 7 in the 2200 block of South Hermitage Road.
• Jesse Richard Bewley, 30, of 809 Crowder Ave., Sharon, for a controlled substance at 12:55 a.m. June 15 at Plum Street and Baldwin Avenue.
• Josh Morris, 18, of Boardman, Ohio, for a controlled substance at 3:46 a.m. June 8 at South Tenth Street and Ridge Avenue.
• Dallas Rodgers, 22, of Sharon, on June 27 for a warrant for conspiracy to commit burglary, trespass, theft, receiving stolen property and corruption of minors from an investigation into a burglary that happened Aug. 10, 2016, in the 300 block of North Broad Street, police said. Items valued at $1,369 were taken from the home. Rodgers was arraigned and placed on bond.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.