Grove City police
• Several pavilions were vandalized with graffiti at Grove City Memorial Park sometime between the mornings of March 16 and 18, police said.
Hempfield Township police
• Police received multiple reports in February concerning identity theft in which the victim’s personal information was used to file for unemployment benefits, police said. Victims became aware when they received an unemployment benefits statement in the mail, police said.
• Karl S. Slaughenhoupt, 36, Greenville, was charged with providing false information when he tried to buy a firearm at 11 a.m. Feb. 28 in the township, police said. The sale was denied.
• Keith Allen Hart, 38, Atlanta, Ga., and Gahmea Makira Jones, 22, Las Vegas, Nev., were charged with retail theft, conspiracy to commit retail theft, giving false identification to law enforcement, forgery and identity theft after incidents at 3:56 p.m. March 10 at Home Depot, 3300 Shenango Valley Freeway, police said.
Hart returned a $139 DeWalt impact driver that was stolen from a Home Depot in Salem, Ohio, police said. He picked up a $199 circular saw and scanned at the self-checkout the $139 item, police said. He then is accused of going back and stealing another impact driver for $139, police said. He also gave a false identification to police, police said.
At the same time, Jones returned a $99 DeWalt impact driver stolen from Home Depot in Salem and picked up a $199 DeWalt grinder and scanned the cheaper item at the self-checkout, police said. She also gave police a false name.
• Hunter Z. Thompson, 20, of 77 Main St., Fredonia, was charged with having an accident involving damage to an attended vehicle or property and failing to stop and render aid after a crash at 4:27 p.m. March 11 in the 1300 block of Dutch Lane, Hermitage, police said.
Thompson was driving a 2005 Toyota Corolla northbound on Dutch Lane, approaching the “S” curve before North Hermitage Road, police said. His car slide on the wet road into the opposite travel lane and hit a southbound 2016 Chevy Tahoe driven by Amanda Chapman. Thompson fled the scene, police said.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE ARRESTS
• Gabriel Allen Cowener, 30, Youngstown, at 3:38 p.m. March 7 at East and Grove streets, Hermitage, police said. Also charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia for having a partially smoked marijuana cigarette, police said.
• Carleena Rocole Bromley, 19, of 33 N. Race St., Apartment 202, Greenville, at 10:03 p.m. March 13 in the 100 block of East Budd Street after she hit a utility pole while trying to textx, police said.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.