• Roland Eugene Rice, 26, of 603 Spearman Ave., Farrell, was charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after state probation and parole agents called police to his home at 11:26 a.m. May 4. Police said they found 56.9 grams of a greenish, brown, leafy substance suspected to be marijuana in a safe and a digital scale with greenish residue on it, both in the bedroom. They also said they found sandwich bags and a 1-gallon sandwich bag with a greenish residue inside.
• Richard Shaffer III, 29, and Galia Jean Zimmer, 31, both of 270 Boyd Drive, Apartment 15, Hermitage, were charged with endangering the welfare of children after a reported incident at 7:38 p.m. May 9 at their home. Police said they used illegal drugs while caring for a 2-year-old child.
• Logan Alexander Ziros, 20, of 391 Stambaugh Ave., Sharon, was charged with theft after a reported incident at 9:06 p.m. May 1 in the 100 block of North Mercer Avenue and Cedar Street. Police said he took a woman’s vehicle without permission and stole two pack of cigarettes and $25 from the vehicle.
• Edwad Duane Whiteside, 34, of 1365 Bolde Drive, Hermitage, was charged with strangulation and assault after a reported incident at 9:31 p.m. May 6 at Willow Village Apartments, 330 Sterling Ave. Police said he attacked a woman, leaving her with visible injuries.
• Douglas Charles Fette, 38, Lawrence, Pa., was charged with burglary, loitering and prowling at nighttime and public drunkenness after a reported incident at 11:47 p.m. May 9 in the 400 block of York Way. Police said he to break into the residence and refused to leave.
• Simone Amara Hall, 29, and Mikayla Lanae Bloodsaw, 24, both of 380 S. Irvine Ave., Apartment 2, Sharon, were charged with assault and disorderly conduct after a reported incident at 9:34 p.m. May 5 in the 300 block of South Irvine Avenue. Police said the two fought, leaving Bloodsaw with visible injuries, and Bloodsaw tried to choke Hall.
• Anthony Lynn Johnson Jr., 25, of 324 Sterling Ave., Apartment 104, Sharon, was charged May 10 with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, terroristic threats and assault after a reported incident at 11:30 p.m. May 1 at his home. Police said he confined a woman for about two hours in his bedroom and threatened her.
• Shenira M. Whitaker, 34, of 824 Ravine Place, Sharon, was charged with burglary, retaliation against a witness and criminal mischief after a reported incident at 12:09 p.m. May 8 in the 200 block of Mesabi Street. Police said she kicked in the home’s back door and broke a second-floor window.
• Dayla Lesean Clarke, 27, of 381 Liberty St., Apartment D, Sharon, was charged with obstructing the administration of law and resisting arrest in a reported incident at 3:15 a.m. May 9 at Liberty Street and Alderman Avenue. Police said he entered a taped-off crime scene, refused to leave and pulled away from officers when they tried to arrest him.
• Michael Q. Hall, 32, of 818 New Castle Ave., Sharon, was charged with terroristic threats, possessing an instrument of crime, resisting arrest, assault and disorderly conduct after a reported incident at 6:13 p.m. May 8 in the 800 block of New Castle Avenue, police said. Police said he threatened a victim with a circular saw and a hammer.
• A New Castle man reported being injured after an accident at 3:33 p.m. Thursday on Steingrabe Road at Mercer New Wilmington Road, East Lackawannock Township. Police said a vehicle driven by Leyon J. Tyree, 42, New Wilmington, was westbound on Steingrabe Road and went through a stop sign into the path of a vehicle driven by Stanley T. Booker, 46, New Castle. The vehicles collided, causing Tyree’s vehicle to spin and hit Booker’s vehicle a second time. Booker complained of minor pain to his left hand and neck. Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
• Someone stole a 24-gallon air compressor worth $250 sometime between 4 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday from a home on Vernon Road, police said.
• Ryder Lindon Rust, 19, of 654 Tanglewood Drive, Hermitage, at 6:33 a.m. May 2 in the 3400 block of East State Street, Hermitage, police said.
• Curtisy Lynn Hilton, 44, of 118 Fleetwood Court, Wheatland, at 12:22 p.m. May 8 in the 2300 block of East State Street, Hermitage, police said.
• Bernadette L. Ferguson-Trost, 44, Ambridge, Pa., at 3:16 a.m. May 11 in the 200 block of East Connelly Boulevard, police said.
• David Wayne Haas, 55, of 378 A St., Sharon, at 5:41 p.m. May 10 in the 500 block of Logan Avenue, police said. Also charged with resisting arrest and fleeing or attempting to elude officer. Police said Haas drove almost a mile before pulling over.
• Cody R. Kelly, 30, Mercer, at 10:32 p.m. Saturday on Airport Road at the intersection of Miller School Road, Coolspring Township, police said.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.