• Jackie Leotis Bell II, 28, of 602 Wallis Ave., Farrell, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver, institutional vandalism, and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 12:25 a.m. Aug. 21 on McClure Avenue and Leslie Street where he was found with plastic sandwich bags with 5.6 grams of a white powder, 3 grams of a white powder, 1.4 grams of a brownish powder and 4.1 grams of a brownish powder, police said. The substances appeared to be heroin, Fentanyl and cocaine and would be sent to the state police crime lab for analysis, police said.
• Shammarco Lee Trainer, 26, of 834 Spruce Ave., was charged with giving false identification to law enforcement and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop at 4:56 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 800 block of Spruce Avenue where he did not provide his correct identity to the patrolman and was found to have dropped a sandwich bag containing about 4 grams of marijuana onto the road, police said.
• Donte James Pegues, 27, of 414 Harrison St., Sharon, was charged with carrying firearms without a license after a traffic stop at 4:02 p.m. Aug. 22 at East Budd and Dock streets where he was trying to conceal a Taurus G2C handgun chambered in 9mm, which had a magazine loaded with 12 rounds and an empty chamber, police said.
• A woman was injured after an accident between a medium-size truck and and a motorcycle at 7:57 a.m. Aug. 7 on Cranberry Road at George Junior Road, police said. Amanda J. Ace, 30, Kennerdell, was driving the motorcycle northwest on Cranberry Road approaching the intersection with George Junior Road when the truck, driven by Thomas G. Bell, 68, Mercer, traveled through a stop sign from George Junior Road into Ace’s path.
Bell, who was wearing a seatbelt, was not injured and Ace, who was wearing a helmet, was taken by ambulance to AGH Grove City hospital for treatment of head and upper body injuries.
• Charges are pending against a 15-year-old Grove City boy involved in an assault at 10 a.m. Aug. 14 in George Junior Republic, 233 George Junior Road, Pine Township, police said. A staff member attempted to escort the boy when the boy started to resist and they fell to the ground, police said. The victim hit his head on the corner of a chair and was knocked out. The teenager hit the victim before being pulled away by another staff member, police said. The victim was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital with a serious head injury, police said.
• Kenneth Schleifer, 49, Utica, Pa., was charged with assault after an incident at 5:45 p.m. Aug. 16 on Sopher Road, Wolf Creek Township, where he is accused of assaulting a woman who had bruising on her arms, police said.
• Someone tried to break into a Mercer woman’s home between 10 a.m. June 12 and 10 a.m. June 13 in the 7200 block of West Market Street, Lackawannock Township, while she was not there, police said.
• Police are investigating a break-in at 12:49 p.m. Aug. 15 at Cannon’s Chophouse, 105 Springfield Commons Blvd., Springfield Township, police said. A tall, thin white man dressed in basketball shorts, a tank top and a baseball hat arrived there in a red PT Cruiser convertible with a tan roof, used a landscape rock to break the side door window and entered, police said. The man was in the building for a short time and came out carrying an item in his hands, police said. He drove away in the car, police said.
• A man suffered a possible injury after a one-car accident at 8:04 a.m. Aug. 7 on Interstate 80 just east of Orchard Road, Lackawannock Township. An SUV driven by Eric J. Rhoades, 34, Shippenville, Pa., was headed west on the interstate when he fell asleep and the SUV left the right side of the road, hit the guide rail and rolled over, police said.
• Jahnari Glover and Jalil Mickel, both 19 of Erie, were charged with possession of drugs after a traffic stop at 7:12 p.m. Aug. 19 on Interstate 79 southbound, Lake Township. Police said they found a partially burnt cigar containing marijuana, a wooden smoking pipe containing marijuana and a small plastic sandwich bag containing marijuana. Glover also had a warrant from a Mercer County district court, police said. Mickel had a warrant from Erie County Court of Common Pleas for retail theft, police said.
• A man was injured after a motorcycle accident at 8:14 p.m. Aug. 22 on Mercer Road north of Line Road, Delaware Township, police said. The southbound motorcycle went off the western side of the road and hit the front porch of a residence, police said. The driver, Jeremiah W. Faulkenburg, 31, New Albany, Ind., was not wearing a helmet or protective gear and was taken to St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, police said.
• Christopher Geibel, 32, Grove City, was charged with theft after an incident was reported at 6 p.m. Aug. 10 in the sub-100 block of Todd Road, Wolf Creek Township. He is accused of stealing a wallet containing $100 and a credit card to which he charged $24, police said.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.