The Herald Good News Fund’s 28th annual drive that will provide turkeys for Christmas to local families in need has collected $14,019 so far.
The year-round fund is affiliated with the Community Foundation of Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, created by local community leaders to benefit the Mercer County area.
Because the foundation is tax-exempt, all donations are tax-deductible.
Donations will be used to purchase turkeys that will be given to local families through the Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County and its network of pantries.
For its 2020 food drive, The Good News Fund has set a goal of $18,500 to buy 1,100 turkeys for distribution in the Mercer County area.
People wanting to make a tax-free contribution should make their checks payable to The Good News Fund and mail them in care of The Herald, Box 51, Sharon, PA 16146.
The fund offers readers the option of making a donation in the name of a friend or family member as a holiday gift idea. In addition, please include the name of the donor for recognition.
These are the latest contributors:
• In memory of Becky DeCapua Tokar and members of the DeCapua family, given by Jim Tokar.
• In memory of Gene and Gerrie Derr, given by Jill and Dave Fox.
• Mark and Deborah Teague, Sharpsville.
• In memory of their parents, George and Margaret Stepanchak, and John and Norma Whalen, given by Tony and Karen DeNoi.
• Dorcas Women from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Hermitage.
• In memory of Robert and Zita Kretser, given by Sheila Kretser.
• In honor of all volunteers who make these trying times a little easier, given by Mark and Linda Brown.
• In memory of her husband, Ray, given by Violet Matta.
• In memory of her uncle, Paul Levitsky, given by Veronica Lumpp.
• In memory of her mother, Beth Long, given by Suzanne Long.
• Randy and Tammi Stefanowicz, Pulaski.
• In memory of their parents, Mary and Jim Bailey, and Anna and Mike Ristvey, given by Melinda and Tom Ristvey.
• In memory of her husband Ross, from wife, Corky.
• Jim and Nancy Bestwick, Hermitage.
• In memory of the Stanton and Squatrito families, given by John and Lois Stanton.
• Luette and Ronald Monaco, Hermitage.
• Kenneth and Stephanie Cimperman, Masury, Ohio.
• Constance and Stephen Benes, Hermitage.
• In loving memory of their grandsons, Aiden David Miller and Robert David Kocan, given by David and Maryanne Kocan.
• In loving memory of her parents, Stanley and Helen Gutowski, given by Marlene Renwick.
• In loving memory of her parents, Stan and Sauvi, and brother, Gary, given by Kathy Paulenich.