• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, holds a Cookie Walk and Soup Sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 14.
Homemade cookies will be $5 a dozen and homemade soup, $5 a quart. Takeouts only.
A lottery/gift card tree will be raffled. Tickets are $3 each or six for $15.
• Mercer County Historical Society, 119 S. Pitt St., Mercer, hosts a free program on the Battle of Vicksburg by Ralph Dorman on Tuesday. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; program starts at 7.
The Civil War Discussion Group is part of the Historical Society’s ongoing efforts to provide programming related to local history. The roundtable meets the second Tuesday of each month from September through May.
The History in the Making (Modern History) Discussion Group meets Dec. 16. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; the free Road to World War II – Part 2 program starts at 7. It will feature the Phony War and newsreels of the day.
The History in the Making Discussion Group meets the third Tuesday of each month from September through May. Info: 724-662-3490.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 gathers at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Brass Lantern, Transfer.
All classmates and guests welcome.
• Stony Point Homemakers meet at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday for a Christmas luncheon at the Gallery Grille, Hempfield Township.
Following lunch, the group will travel to Martha Miller's to watch Sophie Micsky's video on her trip to the Holy Land.
Take gifts for the Good Shepherd Center and a non-food product for the Salvation Army.
New members are welcome.
Reservations: Carol Weary or Marian Johns.
• Mercer County Board of Assistance Retirees meets at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Quaker Steak & Lube, Sharon.
• All former members of Greenville Area Beta Sigma Phi Sorority are invited to a reunion luncheon at 1 p.m. Tuesday at The Stone Arch, Hempfield Township.
• Two classes are planned at the Munnell Run Farm Pig Barn, Coolspring Township.
»Learn to make home décor items out of natural products from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Participants will create holiday ornaments out of natural products and build their own 18-inch tree-shaped door ornament made with evergreens. Wire frame, wire, rubber bands, “naturey” products for ornaments, and scissors will be provided. Participants are asked to take a hot glue gun and decorative items they would like to enhance their items.
»A Christmas basket weaving class will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 13. Guest Artisan Lynn has a basket design perfect for the holiday season.
Take scissors, a pencil, a ruler and a lunch.
Cost for each class is $20 and registration deadline is today. Call 724-662-2242.
• Grove City Area Historical Society hosts local author Lillian Reeher signing her new book, "Wolf Creek Legacy," from 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 13. Pre-orders may be picked up that day. The book is available for sale at $25 a copy.
The society will be open from noon to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays until Dec. 13, its last day until April.
• Hermitage Historical Society, 5465 E. State St., Hermitage, hosts its 13th Annual Festival of Trees Christmas Tour "Wonders of Christmas" from 5 to 8 p.m. today and Dec. 12 and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 7, 13 and 14.