• A fire that started at about 9:35 p.m. Wednesday in a trash can in an office at Hogue Automotive, 644 Fruit Ave., spread to a second-floor apartment, causing a small amount of smoke and water damage, firefighters said. Sharon firefighters assisted.
• Between 1 p.m. Tuesday and 10 a.m. Wednesday, someone stole a weed cutter, hedge trimmer, snow blower and gas grill from a shed in the 1000 block of Baldwin Avenue, police said. The items are valued at $400.
• At 8:40 p.m. Wednesday police recovered a car reported stolen from the 600 block of South Stateline Road. Police said the car crashed in the 400 block of Quinby Street and they have a suspect in the theft but no one has been charged.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Someone stole three video game systems, video games and a DVD/VCR player sometime before 4:15 p.m. Tuesday from a home in the 1200 block of Roemer Boulevard, Farrell, police said.
• Bradford Gillespie, 56, of 707 French St., Farrell, was charged at about 4:55 p.m. Wednesday with possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a disturbance at his home, police said.
Drunken driving arrest
• Kristopher Kitch, 37, of Cherry Avenue, Hempfield Township; at 12:22 a.m. Sunday on Gibson Road.