• A child playing with a disposable lighter started a bedroom fire that chased a family of four from their apartment Sunday at 360 Orange Drive, said firefighters who were called at 8:25 p.m.
Kim DeGroff and her four kids, ages 7, 5, 1 and 4 months, got out safely, and are being assisted by the American Red Cross, firefighters said.
The fire was contained to the second-floor bedroom, firefighters said. Sharpsville firefighters assisted.
• Christopher Boughner, 21, of 27 Cassidy Drive, Hermitage, was taken to St. Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, after his motorcycle was hit by a car at 1:20 p.m. Saturday on East State Street in front of Aldi’s, police said.
A message left with a hospital spokeswoman was not returned.
Boughner, who was not wearing a helmet, was westbound when a car driven by Frances Moretti, 77, of 415 N. Darby Road, Hermitage, which was eastbound, made a left turn in front of him, police said.
• An unoccupied house was burglarized between 8:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Friday in the 4000 block of Whippoorwill Drive, police said. It did not appear that entry was forced, police said.
• Teyonnia Campbell, 23, of 318 Alderman Ave., Sharon, was cited with criminal mischief Friday in the 400 block of Alderman Avenue, police said.
• Troy Seagraves, 36, of 449 Watson St., Sharon, was arrested on charges of terroristic threats, disorderly conduct and harassment at 3:55 p.m. Thursday at Fourth Avenue and North Street, police said.
• Devon A. Oris, 29, of 458 Cedar Ave., Sharon, has been charged with prohibited offensive weapon, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and expired registration for having a Gurkha-style, 14-inch fighting knife and pot when his car was stopped for an expired registration at 12:25 a.m. June 16 at Shenango Avenue and Walnut Street, police said.
He was arrested at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at a Shenango Street apartment. Also arrested at that time was Shaina McKee, 20, of 19 Shenango St., on a warrant charging her with failing to pay fines on a conviction on charges of underage drinking, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, police said.
SW Mercer County Regional
• Coy R. Collins, 28, of 22 Shenango Blvd., Farrell, has been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct for his actions against his ex-girlfriend at 11:51 p.m. June 22 at his home, police said.
The victim, 36, of Sharpsville, went to Collins’ home to drop off his dog, police said. They argued, and then Collins slammed her into a refrigerator, dropped her to the floor, pushed her, grabbed her, slammed her into a bathtub, picked her up and threw her into a wall, and picked her up and threw her through a bedroom door, police said.
South Pymatuning Township
• Two people were injured in a crash Friday on North Hermitage Road, police said. No other details were available, police said.
• A red Honda 400 EX all-terrain vehicle was stolen between 1 p.m. Wednesday and 6 p.m. Friday from a barn at 708 Kilgore Road, Worth Township, police said.
• Someone broke into a home between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Friday at 42 Oak St., Stoneboro, and ransacked the living room, police said. Nothing was broken or stolen, police said.
• A garbage can was stolen between noon July 1 and 7 a.m. July 6 from 470 Clintonville Road, Findley Township, police said.
• Joseph E. Baker, 51, of Hermitage, was taken to St. Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, after his motorcycle crashed into a ditch when he swerved to miss two deer that were crossing the road in front of him at 7:13 a.m. Saturday, police said.
A message left for a hospital spokeswoman was not returned. Baker was eastbound on Route 318 in Lackawannock Township, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Chad E. Gordon, 37, of 3671 Timber Lane, Hermitage; at 12:45 p.m. July 3 on Timber Lane after his car went into a yard at 3767 Timber, and hit bushes, trees and a garage; also charged with driving at an unsafe speed and running a stop sign.
• Kara L. Kaufmann, 39, of 102 Baker Ave., Hermitage; at 11 p.m. July 2 at East State Street and Kerrwood Drive; also charged with driving without headlights.