• Sherrie A. Clinkscale, 43, formerly of Hubbard, was charged with two counts each of access device fraud and identity theft for using stolen credit cards to buy $901 worth of merchandise Feb. 6 and $528 worth of merchandise Feb. 17 from Hermitage stores, police said.
• Jason Stearns, 30, of Mercer County Jail, formerly of Hermitage, has been charged in two police cases and a private complaint with a total of two counts of theft, three counts of bad checks and one count each of conspiracy to commit theft and bad checks.
Police charged Stearns with passing 44 checks for $3,576 on a closed account this summer at grocery and department stores in Hermitage and a $54 check on a closed account Aug. 13 at a restaurant. He also was charged on a private complaint with passing a $51 check that was returned for insufficient funds July 30 at a Farrell eatery.
In the 44 checks case, Stearns conspired with his girlfriend, Michelle E. Gavins, who was charged with theft, bad checks, conspiracy to commit theft and bed checks and receiving stolen property, police said.
• John Herbert Martin Gregory, 24, of 1216 Negley St., Farrell, was arrested about 11:15 a.m. Monday on a warrant for simple assault, police said. He was released on his own recognizance.
• Timothy D. Jackson, 26, of 62 5th Ave., Sharon, was charged with simple assault, criminal trespass and false imprisonment after an incident involving a Sharon woman about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday near Silver Street and North Oakland Avenue, police said.
SW Mercer County Regional
• Sonya Townsend, 38, of 900 Wallis Ave., Farrell, was charged with possession of crack cocaine and retail theft after police said she stole cologne, lipstick and makeup at 8:48 p.m. Monday from a Farrell drug store, and had a crack cocaine pipe on her when she was arrested.
• Two area men were hurt when the sport utility vehicle they were traveling in crashed about 3:50 p.m. Nov. 13 on Route 173 south of George Junior Road in Pine Township, police said.
Jesse Lott, 24, Grove City, and his passenger, Brian Altman, 23, Mercer, suffered received minor injuries when Lott swerved to avoid a car that turned into his SUV’s path and crashed into a pair of mailboxes and a utility pole.
The driver of the car, Tracy Haubrich, Jeanette, Pa., was cited for a turning violation. The road was closed for about two hours while repairs were made, said police.
Drunken driving arrests
• Jason E. Vecheren, 32, of 608 Park Ave., Farrell; at 1:25 a.m. Sunday on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in Farrell.
• Kenneth W. Scales, 45, of 305 Orchard St., Sharon; at 2:25 a.m. Sunday on Sharpsville Avenue in Sharon.
• William A. Davis, 22, Blaine Street, Grove City; at 2:25 a.m. Saturday on North Center Street in Grove City.