OIL CITY – Interstate 80 eastbound is closed in Mercer County from Exit 4A (Interstate 376 eastbound, New Castle) to Exit 15 (Route 19, Mercer) due to a crash involving multiple vehicles.
A tow-truck driver told The Herald that at least a dozen vehicles were involved in the accident.
The roadway is expected to reopen later today.
A speed restriction of 45 miles per hour is also in place in the entire length of Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania. Commercial vehicles should use the right lane only.
PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has also imposed Level 1 restrictions on interstate highways, including the Pennsylvania Turnpike, in eastern Pennsylvania.
Level 1 restrictions prohibit the following vehicles on affected roadways:
· Tractors without trailers;
· Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers;
· Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers;
· Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definition of a CMV;
· Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers;
· Recreational vehicles/motorhomes;
· School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches; and