Joseph P. Hilko
One year ago in March, I bought a brand new Ford Focus for economy reasons and its driveability. I thoroughly enjoy driving this automobile which shows on the odometer reading of over 28,000 miles.
Overall the car is great and I’m well satisfied with one exception, that being the replacement of the air filter, which is supposed to last 75,000 to 100,000 miles.
This car is equipped with an air filter restriction gauge to indicate when the filter needs replaced. Sounds like a simple straightforward and routine thing until I found the cost to be $300. This entire unit must be replaced as it is not possible to just replace the paper filler element.
The cost is outrageous and it’s even more outrageous that the consumer is not made aware of this before purchasing one of these cars.
I understand some 2006 models are equipped the same way so I suggest that all owners or prospective owners check to see what kind of air filters they have. If it’s the $300 model, complain to Ford and any consumer advocate groups
Joseph P. Hilko
- Movie gets OK to film in Grove City
- Sharpsville police arrest suspect in connection with school threat
- DFA purchases some Dean Dairy plants
- Parents upset about bathroom decision
- Outlook 2020: At Reynolds High, wrestling excellence is simply the norm
- Jamestown community mourning loss of basketball star Darian Keyser
- 2 injured in auto accident on Route 82
- PHN still mum: Officials decline comment on whether investigation is interfering with care
- Outlook 2020: Harrison wears many hats; 'father' is his most important
- Outlook 2020: Answering the call: John Flynn grew up to become Hermitage's fire chief
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
William "Bill" H. Griffith, 66, of Sharon, passed away Wednesday (Feb. 19, 2020) in Sharon Regional Medical Center. Obituary information is incomplete. Arrangements by J. BRADLEY MCGONIGLE FUNERAL HOME AND CREMATORY, INC., 1090 E. State St., Sharon.
Billy, 80, of Farrell. Calling hours: 10 to 11 a.m. Monday (2-24-20) at Second Baptist Church, Farrell. Home going celebration: 11 a.m. Monday in the church. Interment: Oakwood Cemetery, Hermitage. Arrangements by J.E. WASHINGTON FUNERAL SERVICES INC., 1059 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
Anne A., 91, of Youngstown. Calling hours: 10 a.m. to the time of service Saturday (2-22-20) at Our Lady of Fatima Church, 601 Roemer Blvd., Farrell. Funeral Mass: 11 a.m. Saturday in the church with Rev. Matthew Strickenberger presiding. Burial: St. Ann Cemetery, Hermitage, following Mass. …
Anne A. Palik, 91, passed away at 10 a.m. Monday (Feb. 17, 2020) at her residence in Youngstown. She was born on June 10, 1928, in Farrell, to George and Anna E. Kristan Palik. Anne was a member of the former St. Ann Parish in Farrell and currently St. Cyril and Methodius Parish in Youngstow…