• A woman suffered a possible injury during an accident at 5:46 p.m. Sept. 16 on West Main Street Extension, Pine Township. Police said an SUV driven by Jonah J. Miller, 19, Tarentum, Pa., was in the right lane of the Pine Grove Plaza exit and an SUV driven by Stephanie L. Gilmore, 42, Volant, was southbound in the south lane of state Route 58 approaching the intersection with the plaza. Miller’s vehicle entered the intersection to turn north onto state Route 58 into the path of Gilmore’s vehicle. Gilmore suffered possible injuries but did not go to a hospital.
• A Mercer woman reported at Sept. 14 that she received unemployment benefit checks in the mail but had not applied for the compensation. The woman said she mailed the checks back to the sender and contacted the unemployment office.
• Badillo Monterrey, 39, Grove City, was charged with harassment after he reportedly struck a woman just before 10 a.m. Sept. 7 in the 100 block of Amsterdam Road, Liberty Township, police said.
• Matthew Dora, 23, Volant, was charged Sept. 7 with making false written statements and false swearing after a reported incident at 12:52 p.m. July 28 in the 700 block of South Hazzard Road, Jackson Township. Police said he gave false responses to written questions on the Federal Firearms Transaction Record form while trying to buy a firearm.
• A Jamestown woman reported Sept. 9 that someone falsely used her identity to apply for unemployment benefits.
EDITOR’S NOTE: These reports are taken from police files and do not indicate guilt or innocence.